Low/Mid Range Gaming

No, do not worry. Ownage seems to a guy with a lot of money who can afford to buy the cream of the crop and overclock it, but believe me, you don't need all that power. Just stick with that, it's better than what I've got and my machine is certainly not crap, or I wouldn't have upgraded to it.

haha, actually, im still trying to save up. But S939 isnt bad at all, im just saying wait and save more money.

lol, we have contrast of philosophies. Mine is that technology is fast-moving; and that's more of a good thing than a bad thing without doubt. But one of the bad things is that PC components you buy will become old fast. But just remember that it's best to be happy with what you got. I know that I won't be upgrading to Vista, with its lousy Aero Glass theme that requires at least AGP 8x dedicated graphics with 64MB RAM. So my Athlon 64 2800+ will keep me happy for a long time. It runs everything I use fine, and I've had it for about 8 months now. I'm sure I'll still be happy with it come 2007.

acphenom said:
No, do not worry. Ownage seems to a guy with a lot of money who can afford to buy the cream of the crop and overclock it, but believe me, you don't need all that power. Just stick with that, it's better than what I've got and my machine is certainly not crap, or I wouldn't have upgraded to it.

Haha...that's funny. The fastest processor in his family is his Athlon XP 3000+. He just knows a lot, but he doesn't own any of those sweet Opterons or whatever he talks about.

lol

Opterons are server and workstation chips, and expensive, as far as I know, so I say just go with an Athlon 64 Venice, unless you can find a socket-939 Sempron; those things are great. So cheap, yet supporting dual-channel, 64-bit, and with SSE3 instructions. And of course, the upgrade path to the X2. :D

Back
Top Bottom