How about

Andy87

Baseband Member
i know im a newbie to the site, and somewhat to computers; however i think it would be nice to make a how to section, then if our more experienced members are generous, they can do a write up on building computers, case modification, network setup etc. i believe this would eliminate the daily questions on easily answerable stuff. ie which network should i use, how do i partition a hard drive, etc. this will make this site so much more knowledgable and easy to use for the beginners who may be afraid to ask little questions. let me know what you guys think.

Andy

That's a good idea, but, haha, I think that people would make threads about cases, modding, etc. no matter what...

It's always nice to have suggestions from someone that is new here. They get a fresh new look at things than the people that are always on this forum. A How-To is a great idea or it can be in a form of a Sticky. A lot of forums have that...

I never said it was a bad idea... notice I just said that it's most likely that people would still post a thread about it anyways... I think it's a great a idea... get things neater and the like... but you know what I mean...

Good idea! It would be filled of nice tricks and all that so it would be easy to do!

I still do agree with you Jac006, it wouldnt totally eliminate the threads about small simple questions; however, if we made it a rule to look in the how to section first, and they dont, and start a new thread anyway asking a questions that is already answered, our mods, could lock the thread? also, to be more precise, the section could have like two sub-sections, one for software related items, and hardware.

i do have to say that getting a fresh perspactive from a new member is good for the site. i will bring it up w/the rest of the staff and get their thoughts..

Back
Top Bottom