3.8 or Dual Core 3.2?

Not now really. Right now, few games are taking advantage of the new "Dual Core" thing, while playing normal games (As in the ones we have now) the game will usually run on one core, while the other one stays idle.

Mr. F said:
Not now really. Right now, few games are taking advantage of the new "Dual Core" thing, while playing normal games (As in the ones we have now) the game will usually run on one core, while the other one stays idle.

games are games, all games use the basic foundation. i dont think there are some games that take advantage of the dual core while others don't

Yeah, Computergen, those are the benchmarks I saw.

IMO, either go for an Athlon 64 3000+ Venice, X2 3800+ or X2 4800+.

abowlofrice said:
games are games, all games use the basic foundation. i dont think there are some games that take advantage of the dual core while others don't

Could you reword that?

someone said there are games that take advantage of dual core processors. and i said there cant be games that take advantage of processors because they are all the same. hl2, doom3, fear, none of these games take advantage. if they do, HOW???

The Dual core are emulated. They just colided two CPUs into one. You can't have to CPUs in one...unless...you have two socket. To me, I'd pick the dual-core 3.2...nice emulation

ok...i want to buy a processor but i need to to last about 3 years without being outdated....would i be better off getting something like the AMD athlon 64 X2 3800+ or just the AMD athlon 3500+...I need it to last about 3 years maybe a little longer without going outdated...give me your opinion on what processors would be good to look at

Well the athlon 64 3500+ is not nearly outdated yet but I think in 2-3 years it will be...I would say get an X2....but you never know when AMD will release more stuff....

AMD has quad-cores planned for 2007.

Go for the X2. That'll cover you for the next 3 years. Software will be optimized for dual-core CPU's well before late-2008.

acphenom said:
AMD has quad-cores planned for 2007.

Go for the X2. That'll cover you for the next 3 years. Software will be optimized for dual-core CPU's well before late-2008.

i also heard about that. you dont really need the best of wuts out rite now, unless ur a serious gamer. NO ONE can notice the difference between a 3500 and a 4000, but i play games like cs and wc3, so yea...

Back
Top Bottom