Is your PC Windows Vista ready?

That was what it was originally called, to keep it short, final product name is vista, in the earlier stages it was longhorn..

hmmm, i really don't think those are accurate, just speculation, a pretty good estimate tho, except for the 2 gigs o' mem :O

Thats not right, you need a half decent video card ANYWHERE on your mobo, and you do not need 2gb ram, that is for top performance, the mim u can use is 512 which we've all got, and you can use any monitor with it.

512mb is not enough for vista. do u think it is enough when u use windows xp with 265 mb of ram?? its SLOWWWWWWWWW....... 1 gig is like almost REQUIRED when u have vista.

My PCs are Vista ready.

AMD Athlon 1333MHZ
Geforce 5200FX
1GB RAM

AMd Athlon 1000MHZ
Geforce 2 MX 400
384MB RAM (Could upgrade)

PII 350MHZ
Matrox MGA Millenium G200 8.0MB AGP 2X
96MB RAM (could upgrade)

TRDCorolla said:
Yes, must have a minimum of 1GB. Come on people. 2GB for maximum efficiency.

?????????

I've got Vista running on an AMD 3000+ with 512 mb memory (pc2700) laptop ... no problems in graphics of any kind. Stable, crashfree now for 3 weeks. Definitely boots up faster and seems to run more effeciently than when I had XP pro on it. Burn cd's and dvd's using Nero ... cpu seems to handle it just fine. Just my 2 cents.

1GB is highly recommended with 2GB if you are running games and other goodies. I'm sure you can get by below that, but won't run as good. Just like how Microsoft CLAIM you can run 128MB using Windows XP. Pshhh, who are they kidding? Is anyone in here running XP on 128MB? Good chance everyone here will say no. Everyone at school and work all run on either 512MB or 1GB.

Although you may be running on 512MB right now using Beta 1 (perhaps a stripped down version of Vista anyways), I'm sure you may find it adequate for now. But the full retail release (Ultimate Edition) may require a bit more than 512MB. Even if Microsoft changes the system requirments to 512MB minimum to run Vista, it will run so much better with a gig of RAM. Imagine playing BF2, Video editing, Photochoping, etc. I think majority of the people will find they'll be doing much more than just burning CDs or DVDs.

I'm going to be using as much ram as I can in the future. My next pc, amd 4000+ or opteron socket 939, will have 2gb of ram, 4gb if I have the money, dual x1800xl's in crossfire (512mb each), the x-fi, dual hitachi 500gb deskstars, the same speakers, same monitor, and the same mouse and keyboard... oh yeah...

I'm getting 2GB also with dual core processing. Have to be able to dump everything the CPU can handle into RAM, being dual core and all. The Athlon 64 4000+ is a really good CPU as of right now. I've never tried dual core before so this will be my first chance at it. All the reviews look good.

Back
Top Bottom