What is the best graphics card on the market?

Redspade said:
Ayo Jac.

"The ultimate speakers: z5500e's with 505W total power and 1000W peak. *veni vedi vici*"

Are they worth it? Tigerdirect has a sale on them. $296 CDN.
Would you recommend them as top quality Digital Speakers? Or are there better out for the price now?

They're incredible. Just make sure you have a good enough sound card (something better than onboard) and you'll be amazed at the quality. Nothing beats them, in my opinion, and yes, I have listened to both the klipsch 5.1's and the other creative 7.1's and I have to say, the z5500e's just have a wonderful sound...

The_Necromancer said:
Ok, i admit, 2X 512 would be the best but it also costs $1400

OOO Trust me bro. I know the price on 2x 512 Geforce's :) Got 2 on order waiting to come in.

jac006 said:
They're incredible. Just make sure you have a good enough sound card (something better than onboard) and you'll be amazed at the quality. Nothing beats them, in my opinion, and yes, I have listened to both the klipsch 5.1's and the other creative 7.1's and I have to say, the z5500e's just have a wonderful sound...

Sound Blaster X-FI XtreamMusic will do?

Redspade said:
" *F.E.A.R* When we enable 4xAA and 8xAF, the higher resolutions take an even bigger performance hit than with soft shadows (as we will see soon). At 1600x1200, the framerates of the 7800 GTX and GT are cut in half, making the game less enjoyable to play. At 1280x960, the 7800 GTX gets 39 fps, and the 7800 GT gets 33 fps; both of these are playable. The X1800 XL gets 32 fps at this resolution, which would also be playable. At lower resolutions, the cards didn't take as big of a performance hit with AA as with soft shadows enabled."

umm some how I dont think so bro. I will bet my money on 2x BFG 256mb Geforce 7800 GTX's over one X1800XL ANYDAY of the week. Unless you have a crossfire mainboard. ATI cant touch Nvidias SLI rigs with a single card sorry. I mean the 1800XL couldnt do much better then a single 7800 GT in F.E.A.R benchmark tests. and that is the most demanding game todate I believe. Yet the 1800XL is supposed to beat not 1 but 2 GTX's? Aint happening man :p the 1800XT aint even gonna beat them :p

For AGP cards ATI is the best. For PCI-E Nvidia is the best atm. For a Dual GPU setup again Nvidia is the best cause ATI cant release anything on time and there crossfires were delayed.

Kinda like PS2 vs Xbox. Xbox had better tech but was delayed. But PS2 still outsold (by almost double) them and nintendo put together. Cause it was just a better alround system. PS2's online service has more members then Xbox live. Nvidia is just a better made card. Better drives. Less hassle in new games. Every game I have beta tested in the last year or so have had a problem with ATI cards. Making ATI users not able to beta test games till they fix the problem. If you are looking at compatiblity. Nvidia has always beaten ATI.

The best card out for PCI-E is the 512MB BFG Geforce 7800 GTX-OC. It butt slammed the X1800XT easily. But if you can wait do so. Rumors of the 7800 ULTRA are around so they might drop that bad boy out. My guess is there saving it incase ATI tries to pull a rabbit out of there hat before the years end to try and take Nvidias Crown away. Well atleast that is what I would do.

The best Video card rig now is 8 7800 GT's. You can do this with gigbytes new quad SLI board and Asus SLI single card(has 2 cards in one) for a total of 8 geforce 7800 GT's 256 MB. That is the best you will get today. 8x geforce GT's will eat 2x BFG 512MB Geforce 7800 GTX's. If you want to run fear on max everything go the way I am going. 2x 512MB Geforce 7800 GTX's SLI. I promise you you will play fear in 1280x1024 16x FF max everything with no lag. and depending on your CPU you should be able to burn a CD in the background. I went with the Pentium D(830)(Dual core) No idea what yours is.
- I miss 3DFX :( :( -

I said OVERCLOCKED bro... of course just at factory settings two 7800gtx's will pwn any x1800xl, but, if you read my post with no edits, the second one in this thread, you'll see that I said oc'ed....

jac006 said:
I said OVERCLOCKED bro... of course just at factory settings two 7800gtx's will pwn any x1800xl, but, if you read my post with no edits, the second one in this thread, you'll see that I said oc'ed....

Aye I did see that man. But you forget the 512 Geforce comes from nvidia under clocked 50 MHZ on the ram and like 30 on the core. so that plus the right cooling you can oc them very well. the X1800XL still aint coming close cause it is a lower grade card to begin with. Correct me if I am wrong but the X1800XT is there top card not the XL? that being said it wont even come close cause the XL would be outpowered by the XT. I might have them backwards. Not a huge ATI fan.

two 7800gtx's at 256mb each.... not the 512mb one.... while I am not at home right now and do not remember the link where this one swedish (I think) dude got a 1ghz core and 2ghz mem. (I think) recorded... but yeah, I agree.... I'm just saying that it's possible to go both ways...

The_Necromancer said:
Yes the z5500's are like god to speakers!My brother bought them, very little defraction/diffusion, they are amazing.

I heard they use magnets... and have like little to no sheilding is this true?

jac006 said:
two 7800gtx's at 256mb each.... not the 512mb one.... while I am not at home right now and do not remember the link where this one swedish (I think) dude got a 1ghz core and 2ghz mem. (I think) recorded... but yeah, I agree.... I'm just saying that it's possible to go both ways...

For sure bro. I mean these cards are both so badass that 2 of either will play all games on max 16xAA. (XT and 512 Geforce that is) and damn if those stats are right then he must have some SERIOUS cooling.

Back
Top Bottom