Hello all. I need some advise.

Quote from Tomshardware.com

"Another advantage of the Pentium D is its unrestricted multitasking ability. Typically, a modern computer at full load will be busy enough to cause noticeable delays as soon as additional tasks are demanded. With the Pentium D you can still execute your everyday applications while a huge workload is being processed in the background. Everyone who has already had the pleasure of working with a dual processor computer will know what I'm talking about."

Ya gonna stick with my 3.0 ghz Dual core :p. Doesnt have HT like the Pentium EE Dual core does. But have been told it doesnt make any difference at all.

Ok all you guys need to like slap me or something. Cause I am thinking of doing something crazy

"One Gigabyte Motherboard, Four Graphics Cards
Gigabyte Goes Crazy With Quad Graphics SLI Motherboard"

Thinking of 4x 512mb Geforce 7800 Ultra....GTX-OC.
2 GIG Video card setup I mean wow.

oo also there is a reason the new 512 7800 gtx isnt called the ultra.

the 7800 Ultra is coming :p I just cant wait anymore for my comp. Already upgraded the order from 2x256 gtx's to the 512's. I cant wait to see what the Ultra will be able to do so.

I've never tried a Pentium D machine befor, so I can't help you with the CPU, but the rest is good

MeTzenAs said:
But as far as gaming goes you are gonna get more bang for you buck with AMD processors, and they have come a long way the past 2 years as long as you take care of them and dont do anything dumb you wont burn.. and they usually have a great manufac. warranty. When benchmarking intel beats amd in close to everything except gaming. I my self am an intel man I almost always buy pentium but I'm a gamer so it doesn't really make scence but hey its just the way I am.

Makes perfect sense bro. You like to muitly task without the BS AMD CPU's put ya through :p AMD is for gaming only cause they suck at muilttasking.

Just think when you boot up windows and run a game you are already muilt tasking cause windows is a program to :p So right out of the box the AMD cpu takes a performance hit. That is something that just doesnt sit well with me ya know?

Incorrect again the dual core xeon will eat the AMD X2 :p
'
But I wasnt spending 3 times the price for the AMD over my Pentium D. and no way am I paying the price tag on the dual core Xeon.

Back
Top Bottom