pencil trick?

no, you need to access the BIOS and raise the FSB. But since on the mobile barton cores, you cant access the higher multipliers, you need to do the the pencil mod.

IMO, I would stay away from trying to unlock features that were'nt purposely inplimented on the motherboard with a damned pencil. Sorry but it seems useless to do that with the motherboard. If all you have to lose is a stupid k6 athlon processor, go for it.

Is it safe to try on an intergrated Athlon? What happens if I accidently touch them?

Honestly, I've never done it before so I don't know..... lol.

But I would say you can't really be losing anything that had a speed of less that 1.2GHz. Old processors like that are fun to mess with and pretty durable. :D

lhuser said:
yeah, but if mine fries, my whole comp is finished :(

@ownage: Yeah.

Dude if you google it, and FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS, then yea you might be able to pull it off. But until then, download software that will edit your FSB so you can overclock. Give me your system information, I mostly need your motherboard model name to see if it's listed on a certain site I go to for OCing software. :)

You need the whole thing? OK, prepare to be given info!

PC Chips M825G V9.2C
Intergrated Athlon 2700A+ (CPU indicates 1333MHZ)
VIA KM266 Pro/ 8235
BIOS: AMI 2Mb Flash
Onboard AGP 4x/8x
2PCIs
1Gb PC 2700 and PC3200
This upgrade was $183 since the budget dind't offer much and I was suprised how far I can get with it :eek:

So, if I do the trick, my PC will be better than before? undervolting?!?

And what does that means?

Requires at Q8 ranked HS. 20/7/02

EDIT: I don't need CPU-Z. I know my CPU a lot. It's a Thunderbird codname CPU at 1.33GHZ

EDIT2: wah? killing your internet connectiion? Post when you'll have update

Back
Top Bottom