Trouble formatting

delusional

Baseband Member
Hey all, I'm having some trouble formatting my hd's. I have 2 74gb raptors and asus a8n-sli mobo. Every time I try to format, it always wants the disk after reboot. I have deleted the partitions and formatted them, but I can't find out whats wrong. I am trying to install Windows Home Edition.

I would also like to install RAID-0. Do I need to create a boot disk to do this?

Thanks in advance.

go into the bios, and advanced setting change the boot priority to the cd.. this way it will look for a boot device on the cdrom before the hard drive. With the windows disk in it will start set up. Right now its looking at the hard drive and there is no os so its saying invallid disk.

no no, maybe I didn't explain correctly. I delete both partitions, create new ones, reboot, then format each drive rebooting after one is finished. Then I install windows and it just seems to run off of the CD. When I reboot, if the CD is not in the drive it says DISK BOOT ERROR, PLEASE INSERT SYSTEM DISK. I have changed the boot order in the BIOS from harddrive to each cdrom drive to no avail. Please help!!

Hmm taking a wild guess at it.
When you went to install Windows XP. It will ask you for third party SCSI or RAID drivers before you contuine. Did you install these before installing windows? If not that might be your problem!

Back
Top Bottom