What computer do you have? What internet service do you have?

Pineapple pie

Beta member
What internet service do you have? How much do you pay for it a moth? What do you use it for (resource, downloading music, etc...) Do you think its a good internet service considering your use of it?

We're getting a new computer and internet serivce this week. Our current computer is WAY out of date. We have a hp windows '98 with peoplepc internet. It's the crappiest combination possible. I'm ready to throw it out the window. Anyway, my dad wants to get a $200 with another dial-up internet. I think we need digital internet. I don't know anyone who still has dial-up who thinks its still fine to use in this day and age. He says that all digital internet services start at $50 a month. He says they all start out at $15 to $30 to draw you in and then jack up the price. I also think a $200 computer is still going to run really slow and not be usable in a few months.

I'd like to be able to sturf the internet fairly fast, be able to download music, download onto the computer,upload pictures to the internet, uplaod digital movies to the internet, and save tons of 15 page research papers. I would be saving the research papers and music to a thumb drive however. But I still don't want to wait forever for the music to download or the pictures to upload. What do you think?

Hmm.... Well bro i would have to say get an Emachines for reliable Speed, and for the internet, SBC yahoo DSL is pretty cheap and quite fast with the right Browser (Firefox). If your looking for the best PC, learn how to build one, get a job, and build it. most computer shops will help you with problems. I personally am going to build a new one, thats faster, and more reliable than the 4 thousand dollar Alien ware, for only 1800. ^^b its cheaper to build. you can prob build a better pc for 200 bucks than the 600-700 dollar HP's and compaq's at your local best buy. Just gotta be smart about it.

Good questions...I use dsl through my phone service. I think i pay 30 a month for it. Its fast too. cable is good too if you get a package deal with your tv cable but problem with cable is, if a lot of people in your area have cable it goes slower at peak times (like when everyone gets home from school). I recommend HP computers. If your not gaming too much or video editing, their good computers and they have solid customer service. I bought a Compaq 4 years ago and I could play the latest games till last year. The new Photosmart Media Center HP's are probably perfect for what your looking for. Check them out at best buy or something....My only problem with Dell's is that I like to buy a computer at a actual store just in case, not online....

I have used AOL verizon earthlink, peoplepc and the other one thats AOL with another name com. something. AOL was ok verizon was bad peoplepc was a waste of time but earthlink was the best. At the moment I'm using Adelphia because thats all I got in my area for a few more weeks and I pay 29.99. But In your case see if you can get verizon they have dsl starting at like $14.

Cable at 2.8mbps (i tested it with one of those on-line testers). It is from a Local company, we pay like 40 some bucks for it.

ya i have high speed cable. But. I am going to get the t-1 connection from verizon since it available for the average person now and not only companies.

Back
Top Bottom