=( New computer is playing up...

no, but i turn off the power when it does this, then i can get into windows just fine and everything works perfectly. you cant even notice something is wrong. i can be on the computer for hours on end, then suddenly yea.. shes gone

Can you post your system specs? Could be a power issue. Usually bad memory would throw up a Blue Screen of Death with an error message. Also, what are you doing on the computer when it restarts?

Make sure all cables to motherboard, from power supply and cards are seated properly (including the memory). Re check that you have seated the heatsink on the CPU properly and that the correct settings for the CPU are set in the BIOS with regards the Front Side Bus and Multiplier.

Does the restart happen when you are doing a certain thing all the time? Like a pattern or just random restarts? Have you installed anything (software) as of late right before this started to happen?

ok, i ran a registry clean up, and now everything seems fine... quite an unusual problemo =p

Test your ram, and make sure your computer isn't overclocked or "optimized" in the bios.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom