hissing

I know what you meant. Don't be a cock. My statement still stands. The whole point is that there's a tradeoff: better reliability for a higher price or less reliability for a lower price.

Or just get his one serviced under warranty. Looks like someone can't take what he gives, Spanky. Sign of maturity that is.

I've found a Viewsonic 19" It did the same thing, exept nothing was on the screen. Most likely, the chip is dying.

DOn't get ViewSonic. They're good for that. BTW, ViewSoic is NEC and NEC is a piece of crap, sorry for the NEC lovers

Heh, lets not start flaming guys, that kinda breaks the point of the topic.
ONTOPIC:

I am using a 10 year old packard bell 15" monitor, it has a very faint hissing sound that you can only hear if you put you're ear agains the back of it.. looks like it's death is coming...

abowlofrice said:
is hissing wut u described as like the sound a snake makes? or is it a constant beep that jus goes on without breaks. my tv was making that constant beep and the frequency of that sound was pretty high, my dad couldnt hear it. when i get pissed i jus slap the tv and sometimes it would go away, but it always come back
haha i do the same with my tv, its starting to drive me insane though

lol maybe put ur pc in an sound prof case? XD 2nd hand monitors r cheap as all **** but yes sum can be bad quality and die but if u look around u can usualy find a alright one that at least will last a year

CJ said:
Or just get his one serviced under warranty. Looks like someone can't take what he gives, Spanky. Sign of maturity that is.
Yeah, I know. I'm so immature.... I guess I shouldn't be so upset that someone mocked me and took my comments out of context. You are the wise sage! Now go make me a sandwich.

Anyway, it seems that you'll have to get a new monitor like everyone is saying. Start looking for sales!

spank_fusion said:
it seems that you'll have to get a new monitor like everyone is saying. Start looking for sales!
har, I have had so many used CRT monitors.
I had a 19" IBMP200 crt for like 3 years... it pwned.... until it died.. =(
but hey! best damn $50 i've EVER spent.

Mine did that, i unplugged it completely and left it for 24 hrs then it was fine, give it a go, you have nothing to loose.

Back
Top Bottom