pencil trick?

ownage said:
actually, the easiest way would to use a conductive pen. Lead comes off after a while. You can always use some solder or use the pin mod.

How about a golden permanant marker pen?

Plus, I saw on my mobo that I have a jumper that changed the CPU's FSB Unfortunatelly, I don't have it, or I could have changed it to 166MHZ

I think they scammed me saying it was a 2700A+ On the CPU, it says 1333MHZ

That wouldn't work. It needs to be a specific type of pen that has traces of metal in it, not colouring.

The pencil trick worked fine for me when I had a Duron. If you make a mistake and accidently touch connectors you shouldn't, just rub it out. More difficult to undo mistakes with a conductive pen I would imagine.

not really, i think the pin mod is the easiest, just get a copper wire and make a loop and connect two pins.

Haha, I've heard of this. People use to do this to do some overclocking with their old Athlon CPU (Slot A). Apparently, the graphite acts like a conductor or bus to alter the course of the transmission. There's an online guide that showed you how too. I use to have that exact same CPU when it came out at the time.

gaming_freak said:
no it also unlocks features on motherboards and they still use it today, ownage knows what im talking about so i'll wait for an answer from him

Yea overcocking features. Read the link that guy provided on "hardware" secrets, it talks about unlocking FSB changes.

ya ive heard it can do other things as well though like the other day i posted a motherboard i might get and ownage said that u can use a pencil to activate sli and some other features

yepp, DFI NF4 LanParty Ultra-D :D They put a layer of epoxy, but scratch that off and use the conductive pen. The pencil mod is used on mobile AXP's so it opens up the higher multipliers (13 and up).

Back
Top Bottom