=( New computer is playing up...

Natalya1

Daemon Poster
i dont know what has happened! but something is sooo wrong with my brand new computer =(

yea the one i put together...

its been working fine for the past 2 weeks, but 2 nights ago, i was on it and it froze and restarted. it kept rebooting and everytime it got the windows loading screen it would restart again. it did it again last night and tonight. it jsut randomly freezes and restarts. PLEASE HELP ME! im gonna cry =(

its not overheating, i have everest, its telling me my cpu is at 29 degrees, there is no temp over 35 degrees. what would be the issue!??!?

Nat =(

are you running up to date antivirus and antispyware,,,and a firewall? all necessities pretty much, and could be a virus. go to a antivirus site and run their free scanner if you don't have antivirus yet...and better get some if you don't

oooo worm me scared. ummm my advise is to go into ur bios to check ur tems first before the windows thing comes up. or make sure nothing came loose or corroded. sometimes it corrodes and you dont even know it. have u tried switching some parts out or a reformat?

i havent installed any drivers or anything, i have trend micro PC-cillian anti-virus on my computer. it wont detect anything. how can anything be corroded if the pc isnt even 1 month old?

=( ive checked all the plugs etc etc they are all working fine

Could be many things, bad ram, harddrive. What changes, even minor, did you do to your computer.? Anything at all?

"1. Bad Video Card....video would seem to be ok but then you'd get random reboots. Blue screen would give a wierd error on the Dump Screen.
Upgrade Video Drivers and see if that helps
If you got a spare video card try swapping them out and see what happens.

2. Overheating...generally this freezes up most systems..but sometimes it will cause random reboots. Check your Tempatures to be sure there are enough fans circulating air in/out of the case.

3. RAM could also be the issue. Download and burn MemTest to a CD
http://www.memtest86.com/
This will determine if it maybe a RAM problem.
"

Natalya said:
i havent installed any drivers or anything, i have trend micro PC-cillian anti-virus on my computer. it wont detect anything. how can anything be corroded if the pc isnt even 1 month old?

=( ive checked all the plugs etc etc they are all working fine

what about a firewall and antispyware? you can get zone alarm firewall and microsoft antispyware free and run those....see if that helps any. firewall won't help if your computer's already infected, but will help prevent it in the future......and maybe try running your antivirus program scan with the computer in safe mode.

To me, it looks like a severe worm, bad RAM. Use Memtest86.

I have a 350MHZ PII comp and a 64MB stick and a 32MB Stick was failing. I could barely get past Windows, couldn't extract or run properly.

Back
Top Bottom