Hell Yeah!!!

yo dude yr name freakin rocks...i just bought a dell dimension 9100 for 1100, biggest mistake in my life...barely upgradeable...if i would've known the awesomeness of custom pcs i would be able to play bf2 in full settings, but no dell sucks too much and is way overpriced.

sk8ngame said:
yes, but couldn't you also just overclock?
Sure, but someone without much experience might easily screw it up.

sk8ngame said:
or buy a sht load o' ram?
That works too...up to a point. There's only so much RAM a motherboard will support, go over that limit and your PC is likely to slow down drastically. ;)

poodycat said:
yo dude yr name freakin rocks...i just bought a dell dimension 9100 for 1100, biggest mistake in my life...barely upgradeable...if i would've known the awesomeness of custom pcs i would be able to play bf2 in full settings, but no dell sucks too much and is way overpriced.

See I'm right. This poor little guy just got RIPT off by Dell. BUILD A PC.

HRHunteRHR said:
By the way, I think your San Diego 3700 processor is underclocked, it's running at 2.4GHz and it's a 3700?? Mine runs at 2.2 and its a 3200.

No actually the stock speed is 2.2 I have it overclocked to 2.4. I have no need to overclock it any farther.

HRHunteRHR said:
See I'm right. This poor little guy just got RIPT off by Dell. BUILD A PC.

Yeah too bad he isnt going to be buying a dell, its a compaq and the motherboard is upgradeable. For $600 he isnt getting ripped off.

I simply HAVE to agree with hunter, I just have to.
$550 or so could get you an
amd 64 3200+, a gig 'o mem, a decent mother board, a geforce 6600GT, 80 gig hard drive, a dvd rom drive, and a decent case.
other than not getting a monitor, this beats buying a $500 dell or compaq, no contest.

but do as you wish. I prefer customizing everything about my computer.
I can't stand those crappy cases brand computers give you, they look like crap.
brand computers are just too lacking in terms of upgradability, too, the company would prefer you buy a new computer, since money is the whole point to it.

so in the end, CUSTOM ALL THE WAY!

ok, i did some research on everything in this package and im goin for it. and truly im only paying $300 for it since my parents are going to match that. i'll just throw in my Audigy SB ZS 2, get a 6800GS or GT and maybe more ram and far down the road a faster AMD 939 socket and thats it, m'kay!

ur choice man...but the dell is really nice, if u were to build the dell ur self, u can not make it dat spec at that price. 17-inch lcd, p4 3.0 hyperthreading, 1 gig (512?), 250 gig hdd ALLL FOR 499.99

No U Cant I Already Looked!!!!!!! you get it for $669 with an intergrated video card, celeron D and it looks like crap. i'll take the compaq for $300 and get a lot more crap from it!

IHateDells said:
ok, i did some research on everything in this package and im goin for it. and truly im only paying $300 for it since my parents are going to match that. i'll just throw in my Audigy SB ZS 2, get a 6800GS or GT and maybe more ram and far down the road a faster AMD 939 socket and thats it, m'kay!

K well if you're throwing that in, it's going to cost you 400 dollars anyways.

Oh yea and Amish Kid, why did you pay $$$ for a 3700 that runs stock speeds at 2.2GHz? My 3500 runs at 2.2GHz, you'rs should be running at like 2.4 or 2.6GHz.... wtf? Oh maybe it's an older version..... How much did you pay $$$?

Back
Top Bottom