Help finding the right video/graphics card.

Fyr

Beta member
So, christmas is comming up, and I plan on getting a new graphics card for my computer. (I'll post all it's information at the end of the thread.) I'm 16, and mainly want a card for gaming, though nothing overly powerful. I'm trying to find a 64-128 MB card thats within a reasonable price range (Less than 120-130$ Canadian). My computer can run games like Max Payne 2, Halo, Freedom Fighters at them moment, and run them fairly well. But it has trouble with games such as Farcry, Doom 3, ect. Right now my computer has an integrated DELL extreme graphics 2 card... So yeah, any advice would be much appreciated!

Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name BURTON
User Name Aaron Burton

Motherboard:
CPU Type Intel Pentium 4, 2800 MHz (21 x 133)
Motherboard Name Dell Dimension 3000
Motherboard Chipset Intel Morgan Hill i865GV
System Memory 512 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type Phoenix (11/08/04)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
Video Adapter Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller (96 MB)
3D Accelerator Intel Extreme Graphics 2
Monitor Dell E173FP [17" LCD] (D54285582R0S)

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter Intel 82801EB ICH5 - AC'97 Audio Controller [A-2/A-3]

Storage:
IDE Controller Intel(R) 82801EB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers
SCSI/RAID Controller D347PRT SCSI Controller

Input:
Keyboard Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
Mouse HID-compliant mouse

You won't get a card that would be able to handle any of those games with that kind of money. Best idea is probably to save up some money and get a more powerful card. Low end AGP cards in that price bracket will get you fairly choppy performance in those games.

Thanks for the advice, perhaps i'll just stick with what I have, as it runs most games alright.

naw, you can, the 6600gt is an awesome card and you can run all the games you've mentioned above, goes for around 150 with tax. that OR 9800 pro.. although it's more costly and not as effective as 6600gt.

I've also thought of the 6600GT as a great value card. I would say get that if you can afford it.

Back
Top Bottom