Chat System

A chat room would do fine, although i doubt that a chat system would be defeating the purpose of a forum, people who have computer problems will choose to post in a new thread because it will last, but if it was in a chat room, then it would only be for an instant ... something like a simple Java chat room wouldn't hurt at all ... i mean, rather than having threads all over the place talking about random topics or subject, we would have a clean and simple chat room where everybody can participate ...

You mean like a live chat system in the forums? Yeah sure...that could do...but, let's be neat and prve that we can behave

but still...i don't think david would...i mean...this has been asked so many times. Best to stick to Russell's MSN idea...

setishock said:
if you have a chat system then every one would be hanging out in it and not posting. Defeats the purpose of a forum.
As for a shoutbox I think some misunderstand what it is. It's not the quick reply box at the bottom of a thread. What it is is a thread of total nonsense that goes to the front page. Like> I wanna say hi to my homies.
That would go straight to the front page. Modding that would be a nightmare as it would be seen by every one just browsing through the forum. But since this site doesn't have a front page it's a moot point.
Mine has a front page but Buzz and I keep it neat and clean.

i am forced to agree w/you seti, if in fact the reply goes straight to the front page of this site, it would be a nightmare to have spam right on the front page.

To new people checking us out for the 1st time and seeing that would not be good for the site.

Although i think it would be a cool idea , to have it would only mean more monitoring by the mods. Besides that is the whole purpose of messangers is to chat via MSN/Skype..ect.

Back
Top Bottom