i recently bought a e machines T4010, the specifications are

* Intel® Celeron® D Processor 340
(256MB L2 cache, 2.93GHz, 533MHz FSB)
* Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition SP2
* Intel® 865GV
* 512MB DDR SDRAM (PC3200)
Expandable to 2GB
* 100GB 1
* CD-RW/DVD 48x max write (48 x 32 x 48 x 16)
* 8-in-1 Digital Media Manager
(Secure Digital (SD), Smart Media, Micro Drive, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, Compact Flash, Mulitimedia Card (MMC) and USB 2.0)
* Intel® Extreme Graphics2
(64MB DDR shared video memory)
* AC '97 audio
* Intel® PRO 10/100Mbps built-in Ethernet LAN
* 56K ITU V.92 ready Fax/Modem
* Standard multifunction keyboard, 2-button wheel mouse, amplified stereo speakers
* 7 USB 2.0 (2 on front, 1 in media manager, 4 in back), 1 VGA external connector, 1 Serial, 1 Parallel, 2 PS/2 (keyboard and mouse)
* 14.125"H x 7.25"W x 16"D

The graphics card is crap and cannot run the game i plan on playing, i didnt knwo this when i bought it. now to my question, the motherboard has no agp, pci, and pci e slots to upgrade to a new graphics card. what i want to know is if i could buy just new motherboard and put back all the components like the ram, processor etc. and just upgrade to a newer graphics card. Think this is possible?

Sorry, but I think that machine wasn't really built with gaming in mind.

What game are you trying to play?

And also if the motherboard doesn't have the right slots, you can't upgrade anything.

You could probably just change the motherboard, but you'd have to make sure your power supply can cope with your new graphics card.

I think you'll be wanting a different CPU as well - Julius Caesar himself used the Celeron.

malbuc87uk said:
You could probably just change the motherboard, but you'd have to make sure your power supply can cope with your new graphics card.
thats the questioni asked. can i change the motherboard but keep all my same components and upgrade the graphics card, i dont know enough about computers to know what to do though. i want to play dark and light

does the mobo have an agp or pci express slot? First off the processor needs to change to a p4 just make sure whether its socket 775 or 478 to buy the right one. And depending on what slot it has you need a video card.. atleast a nvidia 6600gt.. They have them both in agp and pci express. If you want to buy a mobo, I suggest getting one with a pci express slot and which processor u like best.. just faster than 3g if pentium or above atleast a 2800+ for an amd

yes my motherboard is so cheap it dose not have any agp or pci/pci e slots. what i want to do is buy a new motherboard that supports all the components i have now but with graphics card slots to upgrade but im nto smart enough to knwo hwo to do that or where i should start.

all video cards are either agp or pci / pci express.. so yes you need a mobo with one if these if u can.. make sure ram and cpu is compadable.. or you will have to replace that too

Back
Top Bottom