compatable games

ASSEMBLER

In Runtime
does anyone know any good games to buy that are compatable with xp.
i want to get some for my son but i never know if they will work as i have just purchased half life but with no success.i dont want to make the same mistake again.cheers

Most games, actually pretty much all of them, are compatible with xp. I hope you're talking about xp, like the OS. anyways, I don't know why you had some issues with installing half life but mostly any game will do it....

this half life will not see the cd when i click on new game it keeps sying insert cd but it says its for win 95/98 not xp

i have to put cd in to get to half life then it askes me which level to choose then for some reason it says insert half life cd click ok after three attempts it say could not validate cd. on the disc it says sierra disc 2 should there be another disc.

ASSEMBLER said:
i have to put cd in to get to half life then it askes me which level to choose then for some reason it says insert half life cd click ok after three attempts it say could not validate cd. on the disc it says sierra disc 2 should there be another disc.

is there another cd? If there is insert it. If there isn't then get a crack to the game (totally legal since he owns the game) and it should work.

And as already said almost any game will run on Win XP.

alright, this soudns like a CD protection scheme like safe disc or secu rom or laser lock.. etc

there is just so many out there nowadays, there should be a patch out there for this problem if you goto the half life website (i don't play half life so...).

else find a no_cd patch or a mini-image of the game and then mount it with daemon tools

most games these days are compatible with xp. hl2 should work. i would recommand wc3, FEAR, desert combat, battlefield. most fps and role playing games.

Definately HalfLife2, it's amazing. i also suggest Call Of Duty, and now Call Of Duty 2. Doom 3 is alright. Battlefield 2 is fun. A new game, that your system won't play well at all, is F.E.A.R. it's great.

battlefield 2

oh, and get steam its much better than the actual game ;)
steampowered.com
its a client for running all games made by valve

Back
Top Bottom