Intel Inside "Apple"?

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
As you all know, Apple has dumped IBM's PowerPC processors in favor of the Intel engine. Could a PC actually load Mac OS X? Steve Jobs don't want to. Could an Apple run Windows? He said, it's possible but he's not going to promote it. The "hybrid" of both will be coming soon. I can see Jobs big grin on his face.

Apple will finally get the power boost they need with Intel. Apple has always struggled to match the chip speed of it's Intel based Windows competitors and now, Apple will no longer have to cope with this issue. Now the war is officially on. Apple vs Microsoft war is heating up. Apple's newest OS X (Leopard) is coming out almost the same time Vista's coming out and they will all be able to run on the same Intel compatible processors. How do you like that? Things just got a bit more interesting...

Not really. IBM PowerPC cores work differently than Intel cores, so you can't really compare them.

which is why Apple made the jump to use Intel. More power and Intel dominates the market in microprocessing (can't forget Intel compatible AMD of course). I thought the G4 and G5 were doing well. Wonder what happened.

Probably contract problems. The G4 and G5 processors are pretty nice. I might add that the first quad-core desktop PC was the Apple G5 Quad with two dual-core IBM PowerPC cores running at 2.4ghz per core. Awesomeness...

Yeah, the PowerPC cores are actually more powerful than Intel-based cores. They're switching to Intel due to poor cooperation from IBM.

TRDCorolla said:
As you all know, Apple has dumped IBM's PowerPC processors in favor of the Intel engine. Could a PC actually load Mac OS X? Steve Jobs don't want to. Could an Apple run Windows? He said, it's possible but he's not going to promote it. The "hybrid" of both will be coming soon. I can see Jobs big grin on his face.

Apple will finally get the power boost they need with Intel. Apple has always struggled to match the chip speed of it's Intel based Windows competitors and now, Apple will no longer have to cope with this issue. Now the war is officially on. Apple vs Microsoft war is heating up. Apple's newest OS X (Leopard) is coming out almost the same time Vista's coming out and they will all be able to run on the same Intel compatible processors. How do you like that? Things just got a bit more interesting...

Incorrect. Apple have always ran faster then PC's and WAY more stable. 128bit vs 32 bit. I mean you cant compaire them lol Risk>Sisk BIG TIME.

Just like Beta and VHS IBM let everyone make there comps Apple did not. That is the ONLY reason why 90 percent of computers in the world are not Mac right now. Jobs was very very foolish and allowed Mr Gates to beat him at his own game. The thing I like the most. Is it is with intel. and if they are smart they will hopefully find away to keep AMD out of the loop. Thus crushing there long time rival :p. Things just keep looking better and better for intel :p

Intel will help drag Apple back up to compete with Microsoft. Can you just imagine using Intel motherboards to power a Mac? Put a dual core Pentium D and slap a 7800GTX on there. This is too wierd. Would you buy a Mac now knowing this? What will compatibility issues be like for software? Probably be way more and better support too.

Uhh...even current Macs with PowerPC CPU's are using PCI-E, so you can buy any video card. Becides, Apple's have always been faster in terms of graphics processing. Why do you think so many graphic designers use Apple?

IBM has always made great processors, just not as widely known as Intel or AMD. Their PowerPC cores are awesome. They make way better multi-core processors too.

Even if Apple goes with Intel, do you think many people would care? I doubt a lot of people even know that IBM powered the majority of Apple computers.

If they saw that stupid Intel Inside sticker or Pentium 4, they probably would. People that don't have a deep computer knowledge will be gullible enough to buy Apple on Intel.

Back
Top Bottom