stephen hawking

malbuc87uk said:
A² ≠ AB, surely?
It is though. Again, if you assume that A = B, then saying A * A (or A²) would be the same as saying A * B (or AB). So yes, they are equal. B * B (or B²) would also be equal to those.

spank_fusion said:
I never said he was mentally retarded. Let's keep it in context.

Anyway, here it is - the proof that one equals two!

Assume that A = B.

A² = AB
A² - B² = AB - B²
(A + B)(A - B) = B(A - B)
A + B = B
B + B = B
2B = B
2 = 1

TADA! And yes, there is a fundamental flaw in the proof rendering it untrue. The first person to find it gets a cookie! (Not really.)

no i think david lindon was saying that to me that i said he was mentally retsrded.

AND HE ISNT. you have to admit he looks it but he is very smart and NOT retarded.

and it is when it says a+b=b right? cuz a+b would be ab or something.

and this is kinda off the subject but w/e

this was posted on the funny pics thread yes but i thought it was funny and like a little math so here goes

ACDC ROX said:
so wait where is the problem here?
That's for you guys to find out!

Anyway, about the use of the word 'retarded' again, he is retarded! And please don't think I'm using this in the negative context. I respect the man a lot, but it's a fact that he is retarded.

A definition: Relatively slow in mental or emotional or physical development.

he isnt retartded. he is smart.

looks it no offense yes. he talks thru a laptop and gets around in a wheel chair but is smart.

the only problem I see (I don't know if u answered this already but if u did I didn't get it :D) is that I can't figure out how can A+B be B. It's like saying 2+2=2.

Because the (A - B) factor cancels from both sides leaving A + B = B. Cmon guys! One of you should be able to figure it out!

I'm making a new thread on this since it's kind of off the topic. Continue the problem there!

no it is cool it is ok that it is on here. i am interested. and i think spank is telling a lie. i am not trying to be mean but i think he is lying.

Back
Top Bottom