Is your PC Windows Vista ready?

Yup, that's what I heard too. Vista will be the BEST OS to date with advanced features made easy to use for the average consumer. I am definitely getting the Ultimate Edition. It's as good as mine.

nah, ur only supposed to have 512 ram, minium, and i think agp min....and (im guessin at this) but probably at least a 2ghz processor...

Are you talking about vista? Cause people from max pc said you need dx 9.0 or better, 1gb of ram minimum, and a relatively fast cpu. 64bit and 32 bit will be available...

I'm sorry. They keep using the same basis for each of their operating systems. Stack more and more fancy garbage ontop of a poor foundation and no matter how secure the stuff onto is, it'll crumble.

Vista stands for five things. Viruses, Infections, Spyware, Trojans, and Adware.

The only operating system I would get (if even that) Is Microsoft Solitude, The whole thing with that is taking NO code from the previous windows.

Vista's primary target is security. There's a lot of new stuff Microsoft's implementing to reduce outside threats. I think it will be pretty stable. The new file system should be so cool to see when released.

which is why we all need to do some pretty serious upgrade when the time comes to use Vista. My specs are useless. Must...build....new...system soon.

TRDCorolla said:
Basically, your system need to be "The Bomb" if you plan on upgrading to Windows Vista. Here are the basic you should have to run this new OS. Keep in mind that this seem overkill for some of you and may or may not change:

-2GB RAM
-64Bit CPU (I think it's safe to say we all have that) :rolleyes:
-PCI-express graphics card with minimum 128MB of onboard RAM
-SATA with Native Command Queing
-Monitor that supports high definition playback

Seems a lot I know. Also, Microsoft plan on releasing 7 flavors of Vista ranging from an "ultra stripped down version" for third world countrys to a full featured "ultimate" edition with all business and multimedia components included.
with those kind of requirements it sounds like running a game on vista will be impossible for the average person so i dont think theyre that high and keep in mind theres probably options to turn off all the fancy graphics so u wont have to have an amazing graphics card just to run it

Back
Top Bottom