Half life 2 question

Washington

In Runtime
I now have internet access on my desktop pc and am looking at buying half life 2.

The problem is, is that I have just done a fresh install of XP and sometimes have a problem booting up (maybe driver issues). I know you have to register your copy of half life 2 in order to play it so I am wondering that if I register my copy of half life 2 now then find I have to re-install windows at a later date to sort this boot up problem, would I then have a problem with registering half life 2 again or would it somehow know that it was already registered to me from the first time???

Sorry if that doesn't make as much sense at it should but I am typing this in a rush!

Thanks!

do you use steam or the actual game?
because steam will just let you use it as long as the serial is registered to your steam account

It's not stored on your computer, it's server-side.. meaning you would just have to login or give it your CD key again..

Just remember your user name and password and you shouldn't have a problem.

that's what i thought, but if you don't have steam then i dunno
but i've reinstalled windows about 5 or 6 times on my old comp
crappy dell :(
and my steam account was fine, i just had to redownload the games

xx cobra xx said:
No, you have to sort it out, it want no.

It will ask for your account number again and stuff.

Don't respond if you don't know what you're talking about man. You could have killed it for this guy. First, make sure your computer can support half-life2. Second, if you feel like buying it off of the official site for cheaper than stores, go to www.steampowered.com (in my oppinion, go buy it at your local store). MAKE SURE YOU GET THE RIGHT TYPE OF CD! If you have a cd-rom drive, get the cd version. If you have a DVD rom drive, get the DVD version. There is no difference between the two really, but just do what I said.

Third, download the steam client at, once again, www.steampowered.com.

Make a new account, hit "register a product I already own", and type in the cd-key loacated ont he back of one of the disks.

You can completely delete Steam if you want, you can try to get it hacked. As long as you rember your email adress you registered it to, it will be there FOREVER. yes if you reformat all you have to do is download the steam client and log in to your old account and it will automaticly have them ready for download.

There is no difference between the two really, but just do what I said.
lol

thats basically the exact thing i said

Back
Top Bottom