Windows Xp install problem

slayer322

In Runtime
I currently am trying to install Windows XP Media Center 2005 on my Fujitsu Lifebook C1320D that has windows XP-home. For some reason it wont see my hard drive when you get to the part when you select which partition of hdd to install it on. The hard drive is a 5400 Rpm SATA so i pressed F6 when it says "press F6 to install third party raid drivers". But unfortuanitley my laptop didnt come with a modular floppy drive so i can put the drivers on a floppy disc.

So, anyone hav any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

find the raid/sata drivers for your motherboard put them on a floppy.. boot from win xp cd, press f6 and put in floppy.. install sata drivers.. sometimes they are raid drivers, but will install the sata too, and you dont have to install a raid.

as i said in my original post, i dont have a floppy or where to get one from, so therefore i cant put the sata drivers on a floppy to install them.

i was wondering if this would work.

stick the hdd into a comp with a floppy drive and put in the sata drivers then after (if it works) formatting the partitioning it rebooting, i change it back into laptop for it to continue the install.

Back
Top Bottom