Is the 360 worth it?

k
TRDCorolla said:
I know, I mean what the hell?

Playstation%203.jpg

Looks like some weapon you hold in your hand. I think it's designed for maximum comfort thoough. Better gripping.

But, just think, when you get pissed and thow the controller now, it just breaks or cracks, now if someone thows it, its gonna come back and hit them in the back of the head...hehe*boomerang*
Sony's gonna have a lawsuit over that, lol...

spank_fusion said:
Not worth it, in my opinion. As I've said in other threads, a console is made up of its games. Microsoft doesn't have enough fun games to play to make it worth busting out half your savings account. I'll wait for the PS3 on which I can still play my Silent Hill 2 and Final Fantasy VIII and Vice City (you know - all the fun games).

It depends what your definition of "fun games" is. ;)

About backwards capabilities, there are 200+ titles right now from the original Xbox that will work with the Xbox 360. The advantage is that all games will be viewed in high-definition, meaning 720p or 1080i. Also, the games will benefit from the Xbox 360's anti-aliasing capabilites, meaning that all those original Xbox games will have a lot less jaggies this time. :D

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilityqa.htm

I personally think it's worth it because you're getting a console that's way more powerful than any PC in the market, for the price of a high-end graphics card or a crappy ass Dell computer. I'm just gonna wait until the price drops and then buy it.

As for the PS3 controller...I sure hope that isn't the final product. I would hate to have a banana controller...ugh. They should just follow the route Microsoft took ("If it ain't broke, don't fix it").

About the 1up list, the Dreamcast had some parts that were too advanced for it's time. No one used broadband at the time, but by the time Xbox launched, broadband was big and Xbox Live took advantage of that.

I think the Xbox 360 will be a popular console and even though the PS3 will probably beat it, it will gain more popularity than Ken Kutaragi would like.

Lac3y said:
But what about the harddrive? Is that used only for online or is it for game saves aswell?

The hard drive is required to save games, music, videos, pictures and emulation files for backwards capability. I would just wait for the Premium package to get cheaper then get the 360.

Well, I've heard that the PS3 controller is still under development, but I don't know for sure (and I don't feel like scouring Google for the answer at this hour of the night).

As for alvino's comments about why the XBOX 360 is worth it.... that kind of applies to all of this generation's consoles. That's what makes a console so cool - it's designed to just play games. That's why I don't like PC games so much. I find console games to be much more fun and immersive and not watered down. So, I think that argument is reserved for the decision of getting a console in the first place - not which one to get. Still true though.

TRDCorolla said:
I know, I mean what the hell?

Playstation%203.jpg

Looks like some weapon you hold in your hand. I think it's designed for maximum comfort thoough. Better gripping.

Remember the original Xbox controller? That MASSIVE hunk of black, sleek plastic? :D~~~I actually prefer that over the S type controllers that they have made~~~

The Duke? Haha, it's alright. I like the Controller S because it's easier to reach the buttons without having to stretch your fingers.

The new ps2 controller is amazing, r u dum as shit.

You guys are blind, Omg, Its Looks so cool, who cares, its how its Held, not looks.

Like X-Box Pad, everyone thought it was to big, thats what i said, but i have beeen plying the X-Box alot and the controller is cool.

So for Ps2, I say everyone should stfu about X-box and Ps3.

Why.

Because it aint out yet to speak about.

xx cobra xx said:
The new ps2 controller is amazing, r u dum as shit.

You guys are blind, Omg, Its Looks so cool, who cares, its how its Held, not looks.

Like X-Box Pad, everyone thought it was to big, thats what i said, but i have beeen plying the X-Box alot and the controller is cool.

So for Ps2, I say everyone should stfu about X-box and Ps3.

Why.

Because it aint out yet to speak about.

bad day?

edit: back on topic, i think the revolution will take the cake

Yeah, he must have fallen on a floor of knives when rolling off of the wrong side of the bed this morning....

Back
Top Bottom