Computer memory

Oh, the ValueSelect is very reliable. It's just not as fast as the XMS, that's it. If you look at the reviews, they pretty much speak for themselves. My first build, I used Corsair ValueSelect RAM. Just like what I have now, it never posed any problems. It's still running right now in someone's house (I sold the PC to a friend of mine). I service it every once in awhile.

so I won't notice any difference in the RAM if i go with the valueselect.......Should i buy heat spreaders or no????if i get the value select that will take me down to my price range.

You don't need heatspreaders because it doesn't run hot anyways. I didn't put any either on the Value RAM. It's not OCed or anything like that because it wasn't meant to be a performance RAM. Maybe later on, you can upgrade it.

MeTzenAs said:
most ram is manufactured by the same company.. I forget the name called like m*** tech.. I work for a computer warehouse and we order all of our rosewill, corsair, and samsung ram from the same place.. its just different companies purchase it, and put there stamp on it in the inital cutting stage.. its almost all the same

please dont flame I know some rams are different and some are faster but most of the value rams are from the same sheet and thats what hes looking for...

I usually by rosewill though..

sorry for the mis spells.. in kinda a hurry trying to play Wow on my gaming machine and posting this on the computer next to it

i think that company is called mirco somethign...

the MAJOR memory manufacturer is Samsung. They are famous for their TCCD and TCC5 line. The company you are thinking about is Micron. They make the famous -5B 1GB module RAM. I would say, my FAVORITE company is Winbond. They used to manufactur the (I would say most famous in the oc community) BH-5 RAM. That RAM could do 270Mhz @ 2-2-2-x timings. Currently they manufactur UTT RAM that is based on the BH and CH dies. Infinieon and Winbond share the same technology.

Back
Top Bottom