PC Upgrade Suggestions

Marshillboy

In Runtime
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.60Ghz
512 MB of RAM (PC 2700 I think)
2 x Maxtor HD
WinFast AGP A180B nVidia GeForce Mx4000 GPU card with 64-bit 128MB DDR
Need affordable upgrade suggestions (this thing can lag badly on Battlefield)

how much can u spend?
I'd look into upgrading ram and the vid card, what vid card slots do u have on ur mobo? and how much wattage does ur psu have?

Ram is going to be a cheap and effective upgrade, but if u want to play games u should also get a new vid card.

Ram will be like maybe $50 if u buy just another 512 stick. 1GB total is ok.
vid card will be from about $140 (6600GT) to something like $600 (x1800xt)
U don't need to have anything that expensive, something like the 6800GT (a little bit under $300) will be a very good card for quite a long time.

Though if u get a new vid card u might have to get a new mobo (around $100, though if u have an agp or pci-E slot then this is not necessary) and a new psu (depending on how much wattage the old one has)

Marshillboy said:
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.60Ghz
512 MB of RAM (PC 2700 I think)
2 x Maxtor HD
WinFast AGP A180B nVidia GeForce Mx4000 GPU card with 64-bit 128MB DDR
Need affordable upgrade suggestions (this thing can lag badly on Battlefield)

You seriously need a new video card. A 6600GT is affordable and gives good performance. 6800GT or even a 7800GT would be better with a 7800GTX being extreme (very expensive, but used for hardcore gamers). You could use a RAM upgrade to a PC3200 and at least a gig minimum.

Yeah, I was thinking RAM and Vid. card are my main concerns. I am looking at 6600 and 6600GTs. Oh and by the way, I dont think my computer takes PC3200.

Definately, i got a 6600GT and 512 o' ram, I play battlefield all the time, and as long as u keep the extra crap (virus protection, instant mesengrs, music) to a minimum, you should be fine with the lag.

sk8ngame said:
Definately, i got a 6600GT and 512 o' ram, I play battlefield all the time, and as long as u keep the extra crap (virus protection, instant mesengrs, music) to a minimum, you should be fine with the lag.

k ty........i think ill end up with some crping weird number if i get a 512, because my 256 is two sticks, and my MB only takes 2 sticks :D
EDIT:Anybody got any 6600gt suggestions? Theres so many of em, I'd need help singling one out that has a good balance between price (my main concern), and speed.

i have a chaintech 6600 gt and it is amazing, only cost me about $200 i think... lemme check............................no only about $170
its a really nice card, good price, and i never had any problems wit it

sk8ngame said:
i have a chaintech 6600 gt and it is amazing, only cost me about $200 i think... lemme check............................no only about $170
its a really nice card, good price, and i never had any problems wit it

ONLY 170?? u can buy one for 130

Back
Top Bottom