Bluetooth Networking

ati005

In Runtime
Hi
Ive got 2 100m bluetooth adaptors and i was thinking of networking my laptop and pc with them. does anyone recommend this?

well, if you use the pc alot and want to send your files to your laptop (or vice versa) then that would be a good way to go, but if your just looking to network them for home use, then sell the adaptors on ebay and buy a router ;)

ill just be usin it for internet sharing every now and then, anyone recommend that?

Na, not on B/tooth. Just sell the adapters like sk8ngame said and get a cheapy wireless router. If you bluetooth it, people have ways of using the network, giving them access to your files and laptop, while robbing your internet connection..cruel bastards

yeah, that and from my experiences, its slow as hell too
bluetooth is slow, vulnerable and almost useless
I have a built in bluetooth adaptor on my laptop and a usb on my desktop, and i will say it is pretty useful for file transfer, when you don't feel like setting up a network or sumtin.

lmao Bluetooth..Useless lmfao XD Thats rich

You probably have no idea how bluetooth works do you? If you set it up correctly bluetooth is VERY secure. The problem is most people dont understand how to set it up correctly so instead of admitting they did something wrong they say its not secure.

But no I wouldnt say use it for internet sharing. Best go with a router (If you want wireless a standard wireless G would suffice)

Paradox said:
lmao Bluetooth..Useless lmfao XD Thats rich

You probably have no idea how bluetooth works do you? If you set it up correctly bluetooth is VERY secure. The problem is most people dont understand how to set it up correctly so instead of admitting they did something wrong they say its not secure.

But no I wouldnt say use it for internet sharing. Best go with a router (If you want wireless a standard wireless G would suffice)

Well, i am pretty ignorant (word of the day) when it comes to bluetooth so i wouldn't know how secure, but even you said it's not useful for internet sharing.
I should've said its useless to me.
but then again i'm 14 and don't have anything that would even use bluetooth

Back
Top Bottom