quake 4

Yeah, it's a pretty good card. Better than the 6600GT in my opinion. The Geforce 6800 GS Extreme Edition is going to be faster (supposedly) than the Geforce 6800 GT looking at the clock speeds and a little cheaper than the cheapest Geforce 6800 GT available.

maybe i'll just get that, do you think ny systen will bottleneck it though?

mikee286 said:
maybe i'll just get that, do you think ny systen will bottleneck it though?

yes it will.
But if u want a good system u should probably buy all parts, none of the ones u have now are that good.

This is the card to get, the 6800GS. I will buy that in a second if I need it. Priced very well for the performance. With the debut of the Geforce 6800 GS, expect the Geforce 6800 and 6800 GT to slowly disappear. When you look at the specifications, the 6800 GS very closely resembles a GeForce 6800. The differences are higher clock speeds that put the fillrate on the GS right under a GeForce 6800 GT (5100 MPixels/second for the 6800 GS and 5600 MPixels/second for the 6800 GT). The memory bandwidth offered is also right on target with what a GeForce 6800 GT offers at 32GB/sec. This means that there is a lot of fillrate and memory bandwidth being offered here for the price of around $250ish. Basically, we have what amounts to a GPU that is just shy of being a 6800 GT if you are just looking at specifications.....Anyways, I had gloat over the card first.

You will need PCI-e support though and I'm not sure if your system has that capabitlity knowing that you're running on an ancient Athlon XP nforce or nforce 2 chipset.

Back
Top Bottom