possibly a stupid question

Ye, just buy a monitor, hide the laptop and use another mouse and keyboard, hide the laptop so it doesn't look like uve got a pc. This way, when you need the laptop you have still got it.

NemesiS_1122 said:
i was wondering if its possible to convert my notebook computer (alienware area-51 7700) into a desktop simply by buying a case and monitor etc.

or will it not work since notebook parts are smaller and the case is made for normal sized parts

Download a program called Putty frm www.google.com. Type Putty in the search and look for something that has to do with SSH. get the INTERNAL Ip of your local desktop computer, get the password, and SSH into it. You now have the power of whatever PC you logged into at the tip of your LCD screen. Have fun.

hows putty meanna work? i downloaded putty.exe wot do u do next it comes up with putty configuration

lol
you just set up the server to run like apache and you can remotely connect to the server (and your computers files) just like that one thing, gotomypc, only free. ;)
but one question, why do you wanna do this anyway?

yea im just going to get a monitor and plug it in the back since the mobo and such will not fit in a case

i didnt realize so many ppl would actually reply lol

NemesiS_1122 said:
yea im just going to get a monitor and plug it in the back since the mobo and such will not fit in a case

i didnt realize so many ppl would actually reply lol

lol, there is over 10,000 members :D

Back
Top Bottom