READ *(Serious Posters Only Plz)* Plus Pics

HRHunteRHR

BSOD
Ok So Here it is:

I have OC'd this baby to the max without changin the Fan speeds for better cooling, and without using any of the overclocking utilities that came with the motherboard itself.

This
Is
A
Review
Of
My
Experiences
With
A
Phenmoinal
BreakThrough....

This is My Story.

Subject: Time2Game
Processor Defaults: Athlon 64 S939 3500 @ 2.2GHz
Motherboard: Asus A8N-E Proactive AI PCI-E 16x
Motherboard Defaults: Left On
Random Access Memory: 2x512M PC3200 @ 400MHz
Sapphire ATi x800GTO 256M DDR3
GPU: 400MHz
GPU Memory Clock: 490MHz
Stock Cooling: One mini-fan on motherboard, one CPU fan, one GPU fan, one PS fan (white LED), one side-case fan (white LED).
Hard Drives: One 80G WDD, One 200G WDD

This was born on the midnight of November 11, 2005, after a war with a type of h*ll-raising b***ard motherboard that I had never seen before. This was my first computer. The battle lasted 5 days. I went 5 days without any soda, staying up into the late of the night, getting so angry at a jumper that got wedged into a hard drive that I lit it on fire, stabbed it, and threw it away. I ripped a pillow in half. I was an over-heated 3.6GHz Athlon FX processor, and I was flaming. I fough on, I ranted, I posted threads to relieve myself of this flame inside of me. In the end, I won; and oh what overclocking I got.

I forgot my 24bit Audigy sound card. I had begun installing the gaes and software I would need with my cdrom that was wedged into the side of the computer, being held up only by a cup because the lovely Asus hard drive cables had to be put in the wrong way, and couldnt reach the rom-drive slots.... I realized I forgot my sound card and just moved on, nothing could stop me now.

So I moved it upstairs into my room in a desk my father and I put together, the pencil marks still etched into the wall. Memories. So I ran some games like doom 3 and boy did they run. I have Doom 3 at 1024x768 on Ultra Settings with AA at 16x. But something wasn't right.

I plugged in my LAN cable right away and set up my internet. 5 minutes, pretty easy with all the linux boxes (RIP dad, those linux boxes are still working, thanks) as firewalls and internet providers. As my father once said after installing my gentoo installation from source, "Dude I had to pull some kung-fu hacking on that s**t!". I had Half Life 2 and CS:S already on my comp because I had the 80G in the box, yet it needed to "update". I let it "update" (god only knows what the h*ll steam downloads on our computer and labels "bug fixes"), and ran CS. Immediately I hit the video settings, everything was maxed out and the resolution was at 1024x768.

The CS:S stress test ran perfectly, with a 119.2 fps result, I was stoked. Time to join a server! I played it for about 2 minutes, and then I was off on my mission again. I put that 10 hour free trial of Guild Wars to use. Man is that game pretty! You only need about 3 hours before you put the game away and call it a night, which is what I did, the word OVERCLOCK THIS S**T embedded in my half-closed eyelids.

I woke up and took a wiz 9like you needed to know that). I didn't even get the usual soda or check my cell phone for calls. It was 3:00pm. I wanted to mess around on the comp. I wanted to play Battlefield 2 (thats a long story but I'll make it short... it wouldn't install...), but I couldnt. Man that game went through two of my rom drives, (found out the DVD rom was bad, and the 52Max cd-rom drive read so fast it melted itself, lol... :D ) and didn't even install. I downloaded a 10 day trial of World Of WarCraft but got bored when it wouldn't install due to the file being corrupted somehow. So I set my mind on Overclocking. First it was my processor. I downloaded Clock Gen from www.CPUID.com and got the "All nForce4 Based Motherboards" download. I was used to seeing "clocks" greyed out but it wasn't and pretty soon I was pumping 2.4GHz out.

That wasn't enough. 2.5Ghz was the hardest to get past because it took me 4 CPU reboots to realize I didn't have enough voltage in the thing, and that my cooling wasn't going over to well because I needed to move my comp out of the corner of my desk.... I did all that and pretty soon I was at 2.6Ghz..... I was begginig to freak out and had the most exciting feeling ever when I got to 2.7Ghz.... I even went to 2.8Ghz, but that got shut down within a few seconds.

So, I realized my CPU was going to have to be between 2.5 and 2.7Ghz..... So I fiddled with settings int he BIOS, and got myself pumped up to a whopping 1.6 volts, which is a little more than needed for an Athlon FX53 at 2.4GHz (1.584 needed). So I knew I could get somewhat farther with this voltage. I messed around with this for a little bit, and realized my RAM went form decreasing with every OC, to INCREASING with every OC!

Boy was I excited when I hit 2.705GHz. I decided that was the boiling point for my processor with my OC'd x800 that I literally raped. I could have gone to 2.738GHz but who cares. So concludes one part of the story.

Now
For
The
Graphics
Card
^^'s

My x800GTO isn't the BEST card, but it certainly has the most bang for the buck as far as they go. 179.99 at my local PC Club store.... www.pcclub.com
So remember when I got in the middle of the CPU overclocking and I had the processor running at 2.4GHz? Well I got sidetracked by this graphics card (I didn't mention this little job during the OC part because I didn't want to throw any of the readers off) and I downloaded a tool called ATi Tool. www.google.com and search ATi Tool.
This wonderful tool seemed evil at first, because it caused my card to go crazy and turn itself off. After a few reboots, I had the full features and abilities of my graphics card, and I even had the card maxed out so that it was stable and was detected at x850 speeds by my PC Wizard.
www.CPUID.com and look at PC Wizard.

Here are some Pictures that I took with the lovely print screen button, and s**tty MS Paint.....

1.) Playing Doom 3 at Ultra High settings....

2.) Multitasking Like Crazy....

3.) Attention ****! OCing can result in some freaky s**t!!

4.) RARE FIND! I took this picture when I "thought" it was stable but apparently it was right while it was crashing.....

This is My Story.....

End Results
Subject: Time2Game
New Processor Settings: Athlon 64 S939 3500 @ 2.7GHz
Motherboard: Asus A8N-E Proactive AI PCI-E 16x
Motherboard Defaults: Left On
Random Access Memory: 2x512M PC3200 @ 200Mhz (due to OC)
ATi Sapphire x800GTO 256M DDR3
New GPU: 550MHz
New GPU Memory Clock: 600MHz
NewCooling: One mini-fan on motherboard, one CPU fan, one GPU fan, one PS fan (white LED), one side-case fan (white LED), added 2 big fans.
Hard Drives: One 80G WDD, One 200G WDD

Most noticable Changes:

My CPU went from 2.2GHz to 2.7GHz rock solid at 90 degrees.
My Graphics card went from 400/490 to 550/600.
I was told to expect a 2.4GHz max OC on my processor.
I was told to expect a 500/500 OC on my graphics card.

I CAME
I SAW
I CONQUERED

The End 4 now.........

Credits
Producer: HRHunteRHR
Director: HRHunteRHR
Inspiration: Dad R.I.P 8/9/05 I love you man

Contact Information:
Home Page: www.myspace.com/hrhunterhr ***WARNING OLD PICS***
Email: hunter.graves@gmail.com
AIM Screen Name: HRHunteRHR

Version 2.1.1
Copyright 2005

wow nice lucas films :O that some dam nice ocing 2 might have 2 talk 2 u some time bout ocing cas that r pretty much exactly my new comp i'm buildings specs XO deciding if i should get the X850Pro for an extra 150 instead of the X800GT tho ne thoughts on that? i like what u did with it tho :D

lolol sorry I got a little carried away and needed something to do... lol sry man, hey thanks for editing it I was gonna do that but I realized it was edited. :D

It was my first serious OverClock. I'ts pretty hard to mess those things up you know, you just have to take your time, believe me you'd think you wouldn't be able to sit there and reboot and set a meter up 3mhz a piece, but with the wait of your machine on your back, it's a heart-punding adventure.

I only added 2 fans... So that 5 Big fans and one semi-small GPU fan, with one mini motherboard fan. I'm planning on selling my S754 2800 w/ motherboard, BFG FX5500 and 450Watt PS for parts and junk and buying an LCD w/ the biggest PS they have.

i can see y u got carried away :O hmm should be able 2 get that with the cooling imma gonna have with the thermal take soprano XD two 12mm fans and one side 80mm and then i'll add anutha 80mm sum where

I am going to try and get some pictures up later on today, but I need to charge the digi cam. It really isn't fancy. As a matter of fact I'm thinking about overclocking it some moe right now.... lol :p

Oh yea the case is really cold.... It's only 30 degrees F! :O

Back
Top Bottom