vga air cooling or the liquid?

Tx3kgtman

Baseband Member
i just ordered the X800Pro. I also just installed watercooling on my computer. It would be alot better to use the water cooling on my video card also instead of leaving the stock heatsink and fan on the card right? I would think so but im just making sure.

Yeah it would be better to use water. But somthing to consider is that it might void your warranty if you remove the stock heatsink. At least thats how it is with my card.

I would think it will do fine on most games. It might have trouble with games like F.E.A.R but then agian most cards do. I think there are some people here that have tht card so you could ask them.

yeah, i never really understood how water cooled worked, but frome what i hear it is very good.

though 5 fans does me fine ;) lol

Well water is fair more effient at cooling, it keeps your load tempatures alot lower then air could even try to do. My video card sits at 500/1300 all day idle at 30c and once i play a game for two hours its at 36c load. Whereas on air it was at 40c idle and 60c load. big differnce, its great for overclocking , on a cold day i can get my video card to 540/1400 stable. So i am guessing you could break 600/1200 with watercooling mate, if you have anything over dual radiators.

Go for watercooling, don't worry about the stock cooler thing , i have watercooled a GT before, broke it and sent it back with the stock cooler on. Ah no worrys.

I once met a man who was housing a released convict ( I forget what the word is for those people that do that), and he had an incredibly fat cat, a widescreen T.V, and a water cooler from a Ford truck that he used to cool his system. He was the Master of Cooling. I didn't make that up it's completely true and is probobly the wierdest scenario I've ever been in to. It was my first computer buy, and it was a 700MHz Pentium Processor with a Soyo motherboard and it fried because my dad left it on while we went and bought junk food at the gas Station.

Back
Top Bottom