possibly a stupid question

NemesiS_1122

Baseband Member
i was wondering if its possible to convert my notebook computer (alienware area-51 7700) into a desktop simply by buying a case and monitor etc.

or will it not work since notebook parts are smaller and the case is made for normal sized parts

Umm...you can I guess if you can open the laptop case, disconnect all the wires take it all out, place it all in a case, and reconnect it:D.

But I personally think that, that would be painfully frustrating. I would just buy the parts for a DIY Desktop PC.

Well thats my 2 cents :D.

Have fun finding a case that's gonna conform to your laptops motherboard's proprietary form factor. I suppose duct tape would work, but I wouldn't trust it too much.

couldnt you just get a moniter and plug it into the back, and set it on top of the laptop, and get a new mouse, and keyboard, and instant PC?

arrizx said:
couldnt you just get a moniter and plug it into the back, and set it on top of the laptop, and get a new mouse, and keyboard, and instant PC?
You could but that totally defeats the purpose of a laptop.

Corrupted said:
You could but that totally defeats the purpose of a laptop.

Well i do beleive that is the point of this thread.

just look he said this

[url="member.php?u=10191" said:
NemesiS_1122]i was wondering if its possible to convert my notebook computer (alienware area-51 7700) into a desktop simply by buying a case and monitor etc.

or will it not work since notebook parts are smaller and the case is made for normal sized parts
[/url]

because he wants his notbook to be a desktop....so yeah...

Well said arrizx,i agree, just buy a tower and a moniter and key/mouse and then hide your norebook/laptop, then it looks like you have a pc with a very very light case lmao.

Pwned, and would work yes.

u cannot change a laptop into a computer simply by putting a case on it. there will be no case that will fit ur mobo in the laptop. powersupply would not fit and cd drives and hard drive will not fit

Back
Top Bottom