New Build Worth It

I play tones of latest games mate, like Fear,COD2,BF2,D3,Q4 etc is that really gonna benefit my gaming experiance?

Well, let's just say you could run Fear, and BF2 at the same time. Or run stuff like BF2 and encode a video at the same time WITH NO LAG!

the processor and ram are not worth it but everything else is good. why upgrade to a new computer anyways? u already have a very good rig....

AMD will be bringing out socket-M2 multi-cores, I think, in 2006, and with your current specs, there's really no reason for a CPU upgrade until then.

y dont u just upgrade to a higher fx if ur into gaming? or get a dual core as everyone advised. ur pc is really good accept for cpu so u should be ok with a new cpu.

What are you talking about his processor isnt good? That is still a great processor. I doubt there will be a big difference between that and a FX-57

i wouldnt make this upgrade at all, becuase your computer right now is great, and with new video cards and cpus coming out soon, you should wait even if you have a crappy computer, in you case you have an excellent computer which can keep you happy for at least another 6 months without any upgrades. I also said this because the new processor you chose isnt quite better for gaming than the one you have, and even if it is its so marginal that you shouldnt make the change. just wait for the dual core fx-57 or the fx-59.

GeforcebOY said:
Its a year old in december, its just my FX is a shite overclocker after 2.8ghz windows doesn't load proper and my brothers 64 3200 gets to 3Ghz before windows don't load.

An my motherboard won't allow overclocking neither, its very complitacted and with a expensive cpu i dont wanna break nothing. Its a ASUS SLI Deluxe.
3GHz? at what voltage? and what is he using to cool it?

Aircooling, His CPU sits at 2c over room tempature which is 22c idle and 30c load at 2.0ghz @ 3.0ghz it sits at 46idle and 55load . This is on air cooling, his pc is mega loud i mean like can be heard downstairs it has 5 - 80mm fans and 2 x 120mm fans and a AMD FX cooler from my rig which has that heatpipe .I think i added 0.5v from the stock volts cause it was crashing at 100% load when at stock volts.

Back
Top Bottom