PC TV-Tuner !!!!!!!

boardordi3

Fully Optimized
hey,
i just received my tv-tuner card from tigerdirect ;) today, and I installed it in the pci slot (it is a sabrent SBT-TVFM) http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1048731&CatId=1427
Anyway, I install it in the pci slot, and get the drivers, and software installed. I go to run the TVR software, and it give me a "windows has encountered an error and had to close this program" error. So I tried WinDVR, and WindDVDrecorder. I also tried the following things:
Reinstalling Drivers
Reinstalling all the software
Contacting Sabrent
and i tried various other small things (settings etc.)
I was just wondering if anyone has encountered a problem like this, or might have a solution for me. I hope i get it working soon because i need to record family guy tomorrow night!

thanks everyone in advance

I had the same problem with a win tv tuner , but i sent it back so sorry i can't help. but hopefully tihs has bumped your post to the top so someone can give ya some better advice. lol.

did u connect the tv tuner to a tv cable? go to there site and email there support and see wat they say. and u made sure the card was plugged in correctly and u dont have any viruses or spyware?

yea, i emailed them earlier today, and i just checked my spyware and virus a lil wile ago, it doesn't seem to be a hardware error, it seems to be that the drivers are corrupt, but i thought of that and reinstalled the entire card, i'm gonna try just doin a system restore point back to dis mornin, and i'll start over lol.

Hmm, I had the same problem with my TV tuner, and I tried everything, re-installing drivers, downloading drivers, putting it into another pci slot. Lets just say it's back in it's box sitting in the corner of my room.

Back
Top Bottom