wuts so good about extreme edition?

abowlofrice

Daemon Poster
i saw the pentium 4 extreme edition on newegg and it cost about a $1000 !!!!!
wuts so good about it? its still 32 bit and operates at 3.6ghz

Why would they purposely make an overclockable CPU? They would get law suits from people who are idiots and don't know how and then ram the thing to 93742093742074302937GHz and have it burn up? If they made it so it was overclockable, they'd just make it run at the speeds at wich it's overclockable. :confused:

Well, all that and that it has Hyper-Threading, so it has like 4 cores in one. None of the other Pentium D's have Hyper-Threading.

I had the old 3.2EE before i got this sys, the magic about the EE is that its very fast compared to the standard P4 don't ask how it is, its very magic. I think it is Cache and the HT working there magic. But it got about 1000 3dmarks more then a standard 3.2 , its like the AMD FX same idea.

The Extreme Edition is the same as the much cheaper Pentium D's, except that it has hyper-threading enabled.

It is targeted at people in the desktop market who demand the best CPU. Problem? AMD's Athlon 64 X2 4800+ wipes the floor with it and is much cheaper.

so when the processers say "with hyper threading technology" it doesnt mean it really has, it jus supports it?

It is like having another vitural core. It is enabled on default. It helps at multitasking and such. And yes they do have it when the ad says "With HT"

Back
Top Bottom