Rate it don't hate it (while it aint OC'd)

The_Necromancer said:
nice, 8/10 b/c you bouaght a X800GTO (no PS: 3.0), but the X800GTO is still great, just wish it had that feature. To bad the 6800 GS came out to late... Still, Nice rig mate!

I agree. You should've gotten the X800GTO2 or 6800GS. Both are very nice cards and support all the current technologies. One thing that's cool is that both cards use the same core as the series they're in. So the X800GTO2 uses the same core as the X850 XT PE, you just need to voltmod it and unlock pipes then overclock. Some people on OCForums have gotten pretty insane clocks with the GTO2. The 6800GS uses the same core as the LE, NU, GT and Ultra. It's bascially a improved version of the 6800 NU that supports all the current technologies (like HDR and Pixel Shader 3.0). You just unlock the pipelines and overclock it to GT speeds. Some people have even gotten past GT speeds without unlocking the pipelines (12 pixel pipelines and 6 vertex shaders). The cool thing is that they're both about $200

Well thanks for the rating guys! :) Well I guess I will make my threads mre interactive with links and pictures from now on, I sure do get alot of response. But now my questions are for you forumers with ATi cards.... How do you completely STOP Vsync in games? In Doom 3 it stays at 60fps, and I want it to go higher! :D

Oh yea and I'm jsing 2 fans from the slots in the back of different computers, one small stock motherboard fan, a stock cpu fan, a GPU fan, and a fan on the side of my case. Wel I guess this doesn't count but I also have the fan in the power supply, so that makes 7 fans but you could take out the mini motherboard fan cuz it doesn't reall ymake a difference. Another thing, the only way for me to use cd's is to take the side of my case off, unplug the 80G, and plug in the cdrom and set it ontop of something on the side of the computer, pics when I can. The fans are all LfeTime warranty. I'll give you some heat and voltage specs soon.

HRHunteRHR said:
Well I can play it at Ultra Settings.

Oh yea and I payed 800$ for it, without paying for RAM, and without that 80G. I bought it NOT PUT TOGETHER. Maybe that's why? I bought it at my local PC Club Store.... Here's the link to their site, see if they're in your area and go to it, it's WAYYYY cheaper than ANY other place in your area, guarantee it. PC Club

http://www.pcclub.com/product_detail.cfm?itemno=A9607116
hmmm, i dunno, i nevr been to a pc club store, but i've seen their prices and they are about the same as Tigerdirect, and I live right near a Tiger.
but once again, i've never been to pc club
but i bought all my parts at tiger for about 1000 and i got a pretty good comp

i also built mine myself
it was a bitch
so was gettin the money (bein 14 doesnt help lol)

YOU CAN PLAY DOOM3 IN ULTRA SETTINGS I BELIEVE IT CAHP, I HAVE DONE THE SAME ON A 6800NU AND AMD 64 3200+ . It aint so hardware intensive as you might think most Geforce 6800+ and X800Pro + can do it with a AMD 64 3000+ and upwards. It takes about a 19% performance hit normally.

GeforceBoy, think I can do it with a 6800 LE and a athlon 64 3000+ ?

other specs:
1gb ddr ram
80gb sata hd
win xp home
420w psu

try it mate, you might be surprised. I did it like i said above and i will prove it tomorrow when i can get in to the other room without waking the family.

Everyone believes just cause it says 512 required that you cant do it with 256mb , tryed playing a game that requires 128 with a 64mb video card it works.lol

Back
Top Bottom