A Less Bias Way of Looking at the Next Gens

Paradox1

Fully Optimized
Alright, I keep seeing these "Oh Em Jee I'm getting the ________ because its so oober and the other sucks man!" Well this generallism has made it hard for me personally to decide which to get. Until I saw this comparison chart.

What I want is to discuss specific features in rather than the Consoles as a whole.
Basically this is a way to balance the discussion based on facts rather than opinions.

comparison9fd.jpg

What sticks out at first glance to me is the BluRay Discs that the PS3 Uses, As compared with the Dual Layer DVD format of the XBOX 360. That Gives PS3 far more space to build on and utilize. That, along with the fact that the PS3 uses bluetooth technology whereas the 360 only has the "capability" to use Wifi.

But then, the XBOX 360 has customizable graphics cards so you can upgrade when new and better ones come out!

PS3 can play all of its predicessors games, XBOX 360 can play some XBOX Games.

What I wonder Is will the PS3 have online gameplay?

Definitely! It has to, its really like this. Why make a new system if it won't be a successor in every aspect of the old system? They will definitely have online play, unless they don't plan on giving any competition whatsoever. Although I hope Sony doesn't pull another "You have to buy a 30 dollar network adapter for it to work" I hope it is enabled built in.

Yeah, That would really stink. It's bad enough as it is paying $70 or so to play online for a year lol, Free is my favorite number

Ok, totally missed the purpose of the thread. Your going with the ps3, Ok. WHY?

Im not going to be buying either right away because im so broke from building my computer so Im just gonna wait till all 3 next gens come out and then I will read the reviews and see whats best

In my opinion, it's not the specs of the consoles - it's the games that make a console great. I think if Halo never existed, the XBox would not be nearly as popular as it is today. Also, even if a console is not graphically adequate, the games can make it better than a newer console (compare NES to Genesis or Playstation to Dreamcast). It's not about how shiny a game looks; it's about how fun it is to play.

This is true. The problem I have though.. Is what are the good games from the bad? lol I mean most people that get ps3 I've talked to are getting it because they have ps2 games they'll want to play on it lol

So what games do we have to look forward to each? And on a side note what are some good games to get for ps2 currently?

You can't depend on other people's opinions for that one. Everyone likes different games. Play demos and find out which ones you like.

Back
Top Bottom