AMD FX 55 @ 2.7ghz
2GB DDR 3200 Geil
160GB HDD (80Gb x 2 Raid 0)
Geforce GTX 256 @ 500/1350
Audigy 2 ZS 6.1
600Watt PSU
ASUS SLI Deluxe
HP DVD RW
Waterchilled CPU & GPU (Alphacool GPU Block)

To a

AMD Opteron 175 2.2Ghz 2mb L2 Cache (Capable of 3.0Ghz Clocks)
1Gb 3200 DDR (Extremely Low Latency)
250Gb WD Harddrive 16Mb Cache
X1800XT 512Mb Probably @ 700/1600 (once i have my way with it)
Creative Xfi Fatilty 7.1
530Watt SLI Complient PSU
Gigabyte SLI Motherboard
Sony Dual Layer DVD RW
Watercooled (Dunno What Brand Probably Waterchilled With Alphacool GPU Block)

If you say yes , please could ya explain why and state how much you recon the top system is worth? Very Gratefull for all feedback Cheers

I wouldnt think it is worth it when you all ready have a totally kick ass system. Instead of buying a whole new system I would probably just get a x2 4800. But if you did get that other system why would you get a sli motherboard? If you are going to get an x1800xt get a crossfire board.

Yes, one, the opteron is a more powerful processor being its meant for servers. RAM being low latency is good although 2gb to 1gb is kinda....well let's just say I think you'll notice the difference. X1800XT is an amazing card for ATi although I prefer nVidia that card will perform! I'd say its worth it if you OC the video card like you say, and OC the CPU!

One suggestion, get a different motherboard. I have a gigabyte board and although their reputation is okay, honestly I hate them as a company and will never buy from them again.

Also, if you will have an SLI mobo and PSU, might as well get 2 cards.

I would say the top system cost you around what, 1800? Depending how old it is I'd sell it for 1300-1400?

didn't you know that Crossfire is all done by the GPU , you can potentually run a Crossfire setup on a SLI mobo. I have been told by mates who have more money then sense down at the local lan party events.

Its a year old in december, its just my FX is a shite overclocker after 2.8ghz windows doesn't load proper and my brothers 64 3200 gets to 3Ghz before windows don't load.

An my motherboard won't allow overclocking neither, its very complitacted and with a expensive cpu i dont wanna break nothing. Its a ASUS SLI Deluxe.

Absolutely not. Lower latencies do not severely affect performance in DDR modules, since they range from just 2-3, usually.

So it's definitely not worth it. Many dream of having FX-55, even though it won't give much of a performance boost compared to regular Athlon 64 models.

Oh yeah, one more suggestion for a new system if you want to be serious about overclocking. Get either the DFI Lanparty NF4 SLi, the Abit Fata1ity, or the Abit AN8 Ultra.

i wouldnt even bother with that upgrade, the system you have now is completely capable of playing whatever game u want and it should last you another couple of years before you think of upgrading so if u ask me its a complete waste of money

Cheers guys after looking around i thought i might not do anything but its nice to hear your comments.

My new idea which i have just thought of in all my wizdom is ....
what part would you change of my system cause its payday soon and they aint no partys that i kno of . (ah hahaha) ... so i can afford to upgrade with about £200, i am getting a XFI Fatility soundcard for christmas so tats that sorted. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom