Firefox

EricM

Daemon Poster
I recently switched to firefox and I have noticed it lets way more pop ups through then Internet Explorer. In IE you could adjust the pop up blocker setting so that no pop ups come through at all unless you click ctrl before clicking on something that would pop up. Of course u would get he occasional pop up getting through but on Firefox it happens way more. It says it blocks a pop up but a lot of them sitll get through. way more then IE. Is there a way to adjust the setting of the pop up blocker in Firefox or should i just dl a seperate pop up blocker?

Also, I bet I know what you did when you installed it..... You clicked the "Import anything from IE (Internet Explorer)?" and hit yes. Uninstall Firefox and DONT DO THAT AGAIN. You imported all your IE cookies from sites, so when you open up the site it loads the pop-up infested cookies.

Well I just transfered my favourites over thats it. I have a Zone Alarm Anti Spyware and that gets rid of spyware. Some sites just have a lot of pop ups and IE used to block them but now firefox doesnt. For example I play guitar and go on guitar tab sites and most of them have pop ups and Firefox sometimes wont block alll of them.

I downloaded the google one but the pop up blocker is only compatible with IE... Ill try the yahoo one.

Back
Top Bottom