Question about the Geforce fx 5500

waylandcool

Solid State Member
I have a friend with a computer and a fx500 video card with two VGA ports. She wants to hook up two monitors and have the desktop come up on each display instead of having the desktop spread out across two displays. Is that possible without a VGA splitter?

Most likely, not, and if so it would be bad quailty.... The geforce fx5500 (well, the BFG FX5500 256M that I had) is a great card for the average gamer. It isn't too godo with the latest games like doom 3, quake 4, Guild Wars, but it runs CS:S great at 60 or so fps with all settings on high besides shaders and AA and AF. I don't really know, what are the details on the card? Is it designed for multi monitor support or what?

yes it can support it. all u have to do is there is a little icon on the task bar and click it. it should b for the graphics card not sure wat it looks liek but then it comes up with options. then click graphic displays or options something like that then u can have the dual montior setup either way the want. just play around with the settings.

Back
Top Bottom