Which Forum?

Alright, so I'm having some trouble setting up the forum:
phpbb.jpg

I'm not sure what information to put or where to find it. I used the PHP info page to view MySQL stuff, but none of the entries seemed to be what phpBB was looking for. Any help here? And what is the script path?

Do you have a host? There are some sites that can host it for you for free.

www.forumsplace.com

They setup phpBB2 and host you for free. You even get a free subdomain, but you can get a real domain if you feel the need for it.

EDIT>>> Oh wait, is this for a school project, is that why the domain name to your school?

Yeah, I'm using Purdue hosting. It's already set up and has PHP and MySQL and everything. I just don't know how to set up the MySQL bit.

everyone who said vbulletin isnt as good is 110% WRONG

vBulletin is the best there is, no wonder its got a price tag on it will the billions of features on it

yes phpBB has alot of mods, but you have to install one hell of alot to bring it close the vBulletins level

also with vBs latest ajax features you dont even have to click edit any more, pages update without having to refresh posts can be editted by double clicking on that post, same with thread titles double click it to edit it. and it updates the view automatically for everyone without refreshing everyones page

anyone who said phpBB is better than vbulletin is wrong phpBB doesnt even have a modcp

EDIT: There IS a free version of Invision that even that owns phpBB

Yep, Invision free version is loaded with features and completely pwns phpBB.

People say if you have a phpBB forum, you might as well count the days until it gets hacked, it's that insecure as a forum system. I've seen many phpBB forums being defaced and destroyed due to the lack of security.

everybody brags how many mods there are for it

when you think of the ammount of features it lacks you have to install hundreds to bring it anywhere near vBulletin, invision

phpBB is easier to use for the beginner user. I've used Invision before and it's nice, but the administration panel is just too confusing if you don't know what you're doing.

I dunno, I guess its just me but phpBB is easier to use. I do agree with phpBB's lack of security features though...

I've used PHPBB befor, easy going.

Vb forum are costy, YaBB is the worst. Neowin is OK, Invision is tha best. MyBB is different and Crappy PHPBB sucks like he**

Back
Top Bottom