knoppix help

MeTzenAs1

In Runtime
Hello techies got a question regarding the knoppix live operating system. I use knoppix on the computer next to my gaming system as a internet browser and just to play around with. Now anyone know about runing executable files in knoppix? (.exe)? say for example winamp.. when I download it and put it in my home directory (as with any linux os) and run the .exe file is asks which file I would like to open it with (like windows when u dont have a program to run a files, (example downloaded a .pdf file with out adobe)) Is there a special way to do this?. I save my desktop confiuration so when I boot the os I type ::knoppix myconfig=scan:: so I always have the same desktop and config even though I am using a live cd and the os isn't on my hard drive..

Thanks, let me know if u need any other info.

i dont know alot about knoppix, but i think it should open it itself, if you dont have any luck here within an hour of so, go back to computerforums hompape, scroll down , and then repost it in the Operating System Message Board

knoppix live cd? IT OWNS. I LOVED IT! Problem is not god for gaming. help you say? I don't know alot about it but the live cd is dumb becuz u cant save anything to your hard drive. if only you could port the OS to an ftp servere then download it.

Back
Top Bottom