Celeron 2.66 - Unkown

Jimbo246

Baseband Member
Hi, i have a intel celeron D 2.66 gh processor, and i was wondering wat i would be able to upgrade it to if i had to. The mobo is this and this is my system http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&docname=c00063244#N266
Im not much of a intel man so i dont know wat i can do. I noticed it is a 478 socket i think and the FSB is 533 but the only p4's i have seen are FSB 800 . I am looking around a 3.0 - 3.2 with the E thing or not whichever is the best bang for my buck and i will notice an improvment. I have also tom hardware guided it on a compare chart and it seems that it will be worth my pay. Last but not least on ncix.com there was some kind of micro s478 thing so i was wondering if thats wat i need.

Ps. CANADIAN HERE SO DONT LIST AMERICIAN OR EUROPEAN PRICES PLZ ...or NEWEGG i know its great but they said they dont ship here...

THANX ALOT

go for a 2.8Ghz Northwood, that will server you well. I dont know if Intel makes those anymore though, they have moved on to LGA775.

DUDE... i have a celeron D on that...it comes with a celeron D???how you figure it dont work or are you thinking of PENTIUM D???

because it says support for Willimette and Northwoods, Celeron D's are Prescotts.

The site probobly made an error. I don't think one of those horiible store bought things could harvest anything good. :rolleyes:

k..i dont get wat you guys are saying..and i doubt a big company like HP would make and error like that.

http://stores.tomshardware.com/search_getprod.php?masterid=676489

Go there, it's a P4 Northwood 3.06 Ghz, 533 FSB. You can use this one. It's a little pricey for what it is but that's what you can upgrade to. Do some more looking around on google or tomshardware.com to see if you can find anything else. Also, pricewatch.com has search options when you know exactly what you are looking for. Your motherboard does support the celeron D, it has the same FSB and socket. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Back
Top Bottom