X700 Pro

GreySteelFox

In Runtime
im going to go out and get a new vid card form circuitcity or bestbuy and i need to know if the ATi X700 Pro can handle most of todays games on medium to high settings like BF2, HL2, FEAR and others like that. i got to get the new power source and RAM first, so after christmas when i get the Ram in i will probably go out and get this unless you guys say it sux then what ever.

i'm biased, 6600 gt, or 6800 with or withought gt
ive never owned an ATI card so.....

you could say i'm a fanboy yet nvidia has served me well and still is :)
i run battlefield max graphics on my rig in my sig. on 1280x1024 resolution with very good fps, same with hl2

Wrongdoings:

A: Your buying computer parts at Best Buy? RIPOFF
B: Get an X800, top of the line for A little bit more... or go with an nVidia, but the X800 Beats the 6800 and the 6600 hands down.

i cant buy anything off the internet cause i dont have a credit card and my parents think technology is the devil so they wont buy it event though i have the cash. but anyways is the x700 equal to the 6600 gt or what? i want a good card but i dont want to buy a $300 card. the max i want to put out is $240, no more but maybe alot less.

hunter those r different products the one on pcclub is a GT and the best buy a XL there is a dif the XL is the better one which might explain why it is more expensive

well man i just had some hands on experience with the exact radeon x700Pro from Best Buy. Just bought it today.. First off yes its a major rip off big ass time but i had to have a card today because my 9600XT broke. I dont get much more differences from my old 9600XT and i just got done playing fear and no you wont be playing it on max settings mostly on medium/low unless you want to play with 800/600 res. HL2 freezes up on me sometimes. BF2 i havnt even tried yet "dont really want to .. figure it will piss me off worse". Well guys do you think i can take this pos back monday and they give me my money back or do they not do that. If i do get my money back im ordering the x800GTO.. FOR THE SAME PRISE I PAID FOR THIS POS. So my opionion is dont go with it. Go to a local PC shop and get them to order one for you. And foreal do any of you have any experience on taking back items to best buy and if so do they give money back?

Tx3kgtman said:
well man i just had some hands on experience with the exact radeon x700Pro from Best Buy. Just bought it today.. First off yes its a major rip off big ass time but i had to have a card today because my 9600XT broke. I dont get much more differences from my old 9600XT and i just got done playing fear and no you wont be playing it on max settings mostly on medium/low unless you want to play with 800/600 res. HL2 freezes up on me sometimes. BF2 i havnt even tried yet "dont really want to .. figure it will piss me off worse". Well guys do you think i can take this pos back monday and they give me my money back or do they not do that. If i do get my money back im ordering the x800GTO.. FOR THE SAME PRISE I PAID FOR THIS POS. So my opionion is dont go with it. Go to a local PC shop and get them to order one for you. And foreal do any of you have any experience on taking back items to best buy and if so do they give money back?

See? No they won't give you your money back. They give you a store card for the amount you payed. Take your card back and get a 6600GT or a 6800GT or somethin nVidia. You'll get better preformance than you will with that x700.

Oh yea and AOD I don't know... I'm sure that it doesn't matter though, I think it's named the GTP because it's made mainly by Saphire and they will brand it up with whatever they can that's theirs. Google it and check the memory and clock speeds, and if the Best Buy one is better, it better be better by a big amount because mine came with an ATi certified OCing utility. I'm going to try HL2 real soon. I'll come back with specs.

Ahh man tx3 I just realized why you're graphics card isn't giving you anything good! Your processor blows, and so does your ram! The only way you can get good specs with that thing is to have at least a decent processor (maybe a PENtiUM or some form of AMD), and you need some better ram. You say it's ddr200 on your "What's Better?" thread. :eek:

SRY TO DUBL POST BUT.

So for your support in finding your answer.... This is what I got with my x800GTO with everything on high, including AA and AF

So your x700 will probobly get 120fps...? I don't know.... Depends on your proc. and RAM.

Back
Top Bottom