Videocard Suggestions

Jasonb61

Baseband Member
Hello,

I've been working on my Building a Custom PC... I've came to the point where I need to buy a video card and its a grey area for me... Anyways, I just want to get a few suggestions from you all. I'm not looking for anything TOP-OF-THE-LINE even though if the price is right, I will take it :D I've been looking at the Radeon x1800... I dont want to spent TOO much over $500... but $650 is my ABSOLUTE stop point. I want to get the best video quality while playing my games and such but I dont want to go TOO overboard (but leave a nice room for expansion). I want a card that I wont need to swap out too soon because of new technology (maybe thats just unavoidable).

This is my current system so far:

Gigabyte 8INXP (P4 Titan Series)[Intel E7205 chipset supporting HT] Motherboard
Intel P4 2.40aGHz w/ 1MB L2 Cache (I will need to change this anyways)

I wish I hadnt bought that CPU now.. Ugh... Any opinions on the motherboard? So I'll know what to expect? Anyways, I apologize if I included too much useless information

Thank you,
-Jason

Wow, nothing over $500 and $650 being the stopping point?!?!?! Let's just say that you are in fact, getting a true high performance video card. Does that motherboard support support PCI-e? AGP is old.

If you are an ATi fan, get this:

ATI 100-435705 Radeon X1800XT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102624

For Nvidia cards, get this:

eVGA 256-P2-N529-AX Geforce 7800GTX 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130237

These two cards have the fastest clock rates around. It will leave smoke behind...However, the x1800XT incorporates a huge 512MB of GDDR3 RAM compared to the 256MB 7800GTX card. These two are mainly competitors of each other with the ATi card holding just a SLIGHT edge. You pay more for it, so it has to be good right?

x1800xt pwns alll....i got mine from some canadian site for a deal(only ship within canada). I don't care what any1 says the x1800xt is a mad machine
just think a 1.5ghz clock thats INSANE. I will be able to run the best games on my system for several years to come.

im not looking for top-of-the-line like I said but the x1800 is like $450 is it not? I'm not looking for anything fancy but a card that i can keep a while without upgrading too soon... Just something that will last but I can utilize for years to come

with that ati card you wont have to upgrade for years to come. and if u really dont wanna get that card, try the 6800 unltra, i beleive is what its called.

Back
Top Bottom