Limited or No connectivity after windows updated service pack 2???????

bugssy

Solid State Member
Does anyone know how to corrct this issue or if there is a patch to fix this problem?

We are trying to connect with dsl modem and it keeps coming up with "error 678" and we have the LAC as limitied or no connectivity in teh connections window.

Anyone had this problem or know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance

yeah i get this sometimes with my LAN, firstly have u got a LAN? or is this all to do with ur internet connection?

regardsmatt

We think its more to do with the internet connection as we can not use dsl at all at the moment we have had to resort to prehistoric methods (dial Up) to try and fix the problem. There is no conectivity so we are unable to get online with dsl

ok, DSL is a modem and thus still classed as "dial-up" but obviously is broadband, the only reason its called dial up is because u have to dial to connect. In that case the internet has nothing to do with the no/limited connectivity, that is only if you have a high speed internet connection(cable) or you have a LAN. Your best bet is to ring your ISP and see what they say.

Regards
Matt

yer we called our internet provider and they say na its a problem at our end. see when we first got the error we could not dial in, it would try but say the remote computer did not respond. upon talking to the technician at optus he got us tio stick something in the back of the modem to like reset it and once done that we then started to recieve the limited or no conectivity, so i am thinking that our modem is now stuffed as i have a spair pc with ethernet, this pc works fine and if i attach the modem and try to get up onm the net that way we get the same error......

optus also said there is a windows update that stuffs it up but the spair pc has no updates so that can not be stopping it. my guess, modem gonskys.........

what you recon guys.......

just disable the internet on ur computer, and unplug the router for about 30 seconds, and turn it back on, and enable ur intnernet on the computer. Thats what happened to me once. :)

Back
Top Bottom