Uninstalling windows?

johnny8314

Baseband Member
How do you uninstall windows xp home edition?

I tried to follow the directions below but I went into the Add or Remove Programs and found nothing saying Windows XP. just windows xp backup.

Under rare circumstances, you may need to uninstall Windows XP and return to your original operating system.

Note

You must be logged on to this computer as an administrator to complete this procedure.
Open Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel.
In the list of programs, click Windows XP, and then click Change/Remove.
Click Uninstall Windows XP, and then click Continue.
If any programs have been modified since the upgrade to Windows XP, you will receive a warning message. Review the warning, and then, if you want to continue with the uninstall process, click Continue.
Click Yes to confirm that you want to start uninstalling Windows XP.
Your computer will restart automatically. Be sure that any floppy disks are removed before you click Yes.

How do I uninstall windows xp??

I think that's only if your current version of Windows has already been upgraded from another version. In that case, it just downgrades it to your most previous version (assuming you told the installer to back it up before installing the new one).

you can use a windows installer disk to reformat the hard drive.

If you don't have one of those, you can download a knoppix cd image and boot from that to reformat the drive.

Either of these options will remove all data from the computer for you.

Where do I get a knoppix cd that i can download or whatever?

Also
Start>Control Panel>Admin>Disk management>Reformat
didn't work I went the Start>Control Panel but I had no Admin thing

Computer Genius said:
Or reformat from the control panel.

Start>Control Panel>Admin>Disk management>Reformat.

Dude Windows will not let you format the drive it is sitting on while it's running.

And I agree with just use fdisk from a boot floppy.

Back
Top Bottom