Looking for some QUIET fans!

karling07

Daemon Poster
I have a PC in my room and I'm really not that anal about fan noise, but I usually never shut off my pc and these fans seem really loud, esp at night when Im trying to sleep. I have two fans and one heatsink fan. My hardware isnt anything extreme; a regular nvidia mobo, a 128 MX4000 vid card, a 30gb HD 7200 rpms, and one cd drive, and a AMD XP 2000+

So I'm looking for some more quiet fans that will basically seem pretty silent. I'd prefer not to spend a whole lot of money on this though.

Any ideas?

No preference, unless one is required by my machine. Currently I have the default ones that came with my foxconn midtower computer case.

I don't know how big your case is, but, here's a great fan. It might be a little big though, I'm not sure. If you can fit a cd (disc) in your case, you're fine. Otherwise, I can suggest others...

that one is good but kinda expensive, just find some with a really low db rating like 25 and under and that should be fine, post what u find and we can tell u if theyre any good

I've decided on the first link ACDC ROX posted (SAF-S84-E1). Do you know what the equivalent of that would be for a heatsink?

PS: I am using an nVidia mobo w. socket A AMD 2000+

i would go with some Panaflo M1As, they are some of the quietest fans that i have ever heard. For the heatsink i would get a Zalman 7000cu, they are extremely quiet.

Back
Top Bottom