Temps

only time i had it at 66C is when i was running prime95 under full load... what do you think the temp should be while running prime95 with full load?

I'm not sure. I never used that program before. From what I hear from using that software, it's suppose to put some big time stress test on the CPU and RAM. I have seen temps in the 40's all the way to the high 50's using Prime95.

man this is kinda piss'n me off.. i just bought this.. why do you think its so high? Did i put the thermal compound on right??

All you do with the AMD thermal compound is to take the paper off that was protecting the thermal pad underneath it and mount the whole heatsink onto the CPU (the CPU should already be in the Socket when doing this). THen, lock all the retention bar down and that's it. I think you're CPU is running fine though. Temps in the 40's is not uncommon.

ok i feel a lil better.. just ran prime95 again and temps got to 56 and stoped so i guess thats not that bad.. i guess overclocking to 2.4 makes it run a lil high... that sucks.. ill have to get something else to cool it.

The only way I can think of to getting that CPU cooler would be to replace the thermal compound, heatsink/fan all together. You can get this:

ZALMAN CNPS7700-CU 120mm 2 Ball Cooling Fan with Copper Heatsink
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118115

That thing is really, really big, but I feel it will do an excellent job of cooling down your CPU. If you look at the picts closely, I think it comes with thermal compound already. Just make sure to clean the thermal stuff off of the CPU before applying the new one.

Back
Top Bottom