Is it my CPU?

SASSoldier

Baseband Member
Hi guys, i just borrowed Call of Duty 2 from my friend and my computer really isnt a gaming computer but it should play it, i have a 64MB video card (no idea what it is) and a 1.05 GHZ AMD Athlon CPU, when i play the game, its ends up going really slow, i mean if im looking at the ground, its all good but uh i cant really play looking at the ground... so my question is, is it my graphics card or my cpu, its the cpu that i dont think meets the requirements. Could i overclock the CPU so i can play the game, or will i need to wait until i get a new CPU/ GPU? BTW its all on lowest graphics settings but still...

Minimum System Requirements:

3D Hardware Accelerator Card Required - 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 64MB Hardware Accelerator video card and the latest drivers*
English version of Microsoft Windows 2000/XP
Pentium IV 1.4GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1700+ processor or higher
256MB RAM (512MB RAM recommended)
100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card and latest drivers
100% Windows 2000/XP compatible mouse, keyboard and latest drivers
4.0GB of uncompressed free hard disc space (plus 600MB for Windows 2000/XP swap file)
2x DVD-ROM drive

I would say everything on your PC is a bottleneck for the game. Time for a new PC.

I don't think you'll see a significant improvement overall a new CPU. I would pass on everything and get it for XBox. Later on if you want to build a real gaming PC, then you can do it. New CPU, memory, and a good video card is a must for playing new computer games.

well im getting a AMD Athlon 64 3000+ because my computer is getting old and i want to upgrade.

Well, you need to make sure your motherboard can support that. If you are running an Athlon 1.05GHz processor now, I don't think you can fit that new Athlon 64 on your motherboard. You'll need a new motherboard with a Socket 939 to use that CPU.

His Mobo cant have a Amd 3000+, he has to by a Socket 756, umm something like K8NSPRO, very good and cheap dude, and very very very good with AMD 3000 and O'C, such easy and good to use, even has DualBios in, you can install Xp on yyour pc if using a K8NSPRO mobo and you can then Back your whole system up with in 20mins with 1 button press, you will understand if you read about it.

Anyway, your Pc want be able to run it, well it should, but not in full detail, try downloading some Spyware program and clean your pc up then downloakd CoolBits or Rivatune and O'c your G'card, then O'c your CPU about .1 ghz up, meaning you will have about 1.6Ghz, once thats all done, make sure your memory is in the closest Slot to the Cpu, it functions better.

Once done all that, it should be working alot better and smoother.

Lol, i always get my games to work with high specs, but i dont neeed to anymore, new pc, well 1 year old.

Goodluck feedback please.

Back
Top Bottom